NIGHTMARE TOYS

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

BATTERY DRUM INTERVIEW : Greg Turini / Chaoseum

 

1. What is your name and for which band do you play?


My name is Greg Turini and I play for Chaoseum





2. Who made you want to play the drums and why?


My mom took me to a music school where you could try out instruments and I sat behind the drums. Since then I have never left the seat.


3. When did you receive your first kit? Tell us about it ...


My first kit was loaned to me by my teacher, it was only 2 years after starting that I received my first DDRUM kit.


4. Where are your parents supporting you and your loud / expensive new habit?

 


My mom has always supported me in my musical activities.


5. Which drum performance on an album is perfection for you?


I can't name just one ... I think there is something good in every album.


6. Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.


I play on SJC Drums Navigator model, this drumkit is really amazing. A 12 "tom and a 16" are the only two tom I need. A 14 "snare and a 22" kik. I play on DIRIL cymbals. The ride of the Agressive model brings a very metal side and the Janara model for crashes and hi hat brings power. To control the sound of cymbals I use cympads.

My AGNER drumsticks are my forearms.




7.If you could have a dream kit, tell us in DETAIL


I'm sorry I can't describe you another kit than the one I described above ... I might just change the color ... to be continued 😉


8. Name your top 5 drummers except for Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy



I really like Ray Luzier and David Silveria. I think I was inspired a lot by the latter during all these years.

Buddy Rich has always impressed me, just like Simon Phillips.

Terry Bozzio for his creativity.


9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?


Live. The studio brings me other satisfactions of course, but nothing compares to live!



10. Do the drummers really have all the girls and if so, how do you convince the guitarist?


In our dreams yes! 🙂

www.chaoseum.com

No comments:

Post a Comment