NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, September 17, 2020

THE TIMES VOKILL INTERVIEW : Peter Schrott / Continoom

 https://www.facebook.com/continoom




1.Please introduce yourself and tell us who you sing for?

Hi, my name is Peter Schrott, lead singer of the Hungarian Fusion Metal band, Continoom.


2.What / Who made you want to sing?

Me of course… :D When we started our first serious band in Hungary called Tűzmadár (Firebird), we had no lead singer. So we decided that until we found one, I should sing. I was so terribly bad. :D However, as time went by, I got better. Then I started learning to sing at a teacher.  


3.Who was the first singer you saw live that gave you chills?

This GOD is Michael Kiske from Helloween. I was a huge FAN of his. I wanted to sing like Kiske. I also formed a Helloween Tribute band in Hungary, and we had some very nice gigs. 


4.Many people say heavy music is just screaming, How would you combat that statement?

Well, I definitely like screaming too, and I love to experiment new vocal techniques, but I think the melodies are the still the most important.


5.If you growl or do harsh vocals how do you keep your voice after such violent performances?

I have my wonder-water… :D Really, it’s called ASEA. Some puff from a plastic spray after the training or gig, and it regenerates my chords very nice. 


6. Do you have a warm up routine? Tell u bout it ?

Sure, mainly breathing exercises, some scaling and singing in head voice smoothly. 


7. Do you think power or performance is more important?

I think both are very important, a singer needs to express himself well and to sing properly! Of course the voice also has to get some power too. 


8. Who do you think gets unfair vocal praise, someone the world thinks is great but is not? / And who is great but does not get the credit?

Unfair vocal praise: Mick Jagger…. :D Sorry about that, he is of course still an icon...

I think Jorn Lande doesn’t get fair credit although he’s a great vocalist. 


9.Name your top 5 vocalist

Michael Kiske

Jorn Lande

Dio

M. Shadows

Russell Allen


10.Micheal Buble or Jim Gallette? Just testing your skills here

This is a good one..:D Michael Bublé is one of the best jazz singers, and Jim Gillette the same in Glam Metal... 😉


11.Who do you love to listen to that would surprise people?.

Infected Mushroom and Imagine Dragons, I think these would surprise even the most of my friends. I don't want to be stuck in one style, I love to listen to various music genres.


12.If you could remove the autotune from any singer who would it be?

Britney,  I ‘m very curious who she really is..






No comments:

Post a Comment