NIGHTMARE TOYS

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

VOKILLS INTERVIEW : Scott Sinclair / Sin MG



















1.Please introduce yourself and tell us who you sing for

Hi I am Scott Sinclair, lead singer of Sin MG

2.What / Who made you want to sing?

I was in a talent show in college as a lead guitarist. I watched my friend Jimmy Cox working it as the frontman. I thought to myself at that time, “why the hell am I the guitarist??” Soon after I started taking vocal lessons.

3.Who was the first singer you saw live that gave you chills?

Not sure if it was the first, but I remember seeing Bon Jovi at the Rosemont Horizon when I was much younger. They performed Living on a Prayer and the entire stadium sang it louder than the band. It was amazing!

4.Many people say heavy music is just screaming, How would you combat that statement?

We hit people in the face with a wall of heavy guitars and 808’s. Screaming is one of the tools in our arsenal, but we do mostly clean vocals.

5.If you growl or do harsh vocals how do you keep your voice after such violent performances?

I use a lot of different holistic healing herbs and remedies and I sometimes just simply rest my voice. But the trick to intense singing is to manage it while you are doing it, so that you don’t damage your voice.

6. Do you have a warm up routine? Tell u bout it ?

Yes. I start by drinking a ton of water and I eliminate beef and dairy from my diet the day of the show. About an hour before the performance I motorboat scales to warm up my vocal chords and align my breathing.

7. Do you think power or performance is more important?

 

Performance is way more important. Audiences are way more interested in what they see vs. what they hear. Oh, they care what they hear, but they want to see a performance. They want to be entertained. They didn’t pay admission to see a bunch of stiffs stare at their guitars and lead vocalists singing with their eyes shut.

8. Who do you think gets unfair vocal praise, someone the world thinks is great but is not? / And who is great but does not get the credit?

Every poser who uses autotune gets unfair praise. Didn’t we already weigh in on the analog version of autotune when we chased Milli Vanilli out of the music business? Michael Barnes from RED is an amazing lead singer and one of the best frontmen. Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge is one of the best rock singers alive right now.  Jonny Hawkins from Nothing More is awesome too!

9.Name your top 5 vocalist

Chris Cornell
Sebastian Bach
Myles Kennedy
Freddie Mercury
Prince


10.Micheal Buble or Jim Gallette? Just testing your skills here

Gallette for sure out of these two.

11.Who do you love to listen to that would surprise people?

Pink

12.If you could remove the autotune from any singer who would it be?

Really? I don’t think we should remove autotune from any of these pioneers of shit singing. We should take their word for it and kindly show their careers the door.



No comments:

Post a Comment