NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, December 30, 2019

NEW BREW METAL COFFEE SIGNS RECKER
















1.Thanks for taking the time to talk to The Grinder! You have a new album out, Tell us about it!


Thanks! The new CD is called Manifest Destiny. It has been out for a little over a year now. We recorded 8 songs for the CD. We are a hard rock band with roots in the 80's. I think we're now part of what is being called the "New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal". Our sound is like Kiss, W.A.S.P., Ratt, Dokken, etc.

2.Where was it recorded? Is all the material new?


I recorded everything but the vocals in my home studio.  The vocals were recorded at Pus Cavern studio in Sacramento, CA.  Most of the material is new, but I did have a few songs that I had demoed up previously and then re-recorded for the CD.

3.What is the biggest difference between your last release and the new one?


There are 2 big differences with this CD. First, this is the first CD that I have gone outside of my home studio. All of the other CD's were done in my home studio with me doing all of the engineering, recording, and mixing.  Second, this is the first CD to feature members of the live band. In all of the previous releases, I played all of the instruments except drums and lead guitar. They were released before I had a live band. When it came time to record Manifest Destiny, I wanted the band to be able to put their own spin on the songs.

4.Are you signed to a label? , If so which one and how did they help or support the process?


We're not on a label. In this day and age, I don't think a label is mandatory. I can see how it would help for distribution but, for now, we are still independent.

5.What has been going on with the band between albums? Did you tour?


We haven't been able to tour, yet. That is definitely something we are looking forward to. We have been playing local shows to promote the CD. 

6.Do you have any new members?


Actually, yes. We went through a guitar line up change recently and we switched from a 4 piece to a 3 piece. 

7.Who produced the new album and how did they effect the album?


I produced the album myself along with my partner in crime Mike Gardiner (Fallen Man). I like doing things myself because I am not dependent on someone else to be available when I want to record. But, it can also be a limitation in that you only have one perspective. It is also more demanding to try to do everything (producing, recording, mixing, etc.) and I think it can take away from the creative aspect if you are trying to do to much. But, overall, I feel like I have gotten pretty good results on my CD's. Although,  I am definitely open to working with an outside producer in the future. I think it would be great to get an objective opinion that would hopefully add something to the songs.

8.Some like to record naked or in the dark with candles , Did you have any strange studio practices?


LOL! No, nothing like that. We like to have a few drinks and get a little loose but nothing too crazy. Mostly, I just try to make the studio comfortable and relaxing.

9.Of course tell us where to pick up your album and how to learn more about you.


We have physical CD's available in the digipak format through CD Baby and some of their affiliate retail locations.  We are also available for download and streaming on Google, Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, etc. And, of course, we have a Facebook page.
  Reverbnation link   https://www.reverbnation.com/recker

Also, I forgot the link to CD Baby. It would be great if you could add it, but no biggie if it's too much hassle:  https://store.cdbaby.com/artist/recker

(https://www.facebook.com/reckerrocks) as well as  and YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/user/ReckerRocks)

10.What is your plans now that the new album is out?


We have a few shows coming up in 2020 and we are working on ideas for the next CD. Hopefully, we'll make some new fans and friends around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment