NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, December 19, 2019

VOKILLS SINGER INTERVIEW : Jacob Collins / Recall The Remains

1.Please introduce yourself and tell us who you sing for

My name is Jacob Collins and I am the harsh/main vocalist of Recall The Remains 

2.What / Who made you want to sing?

So this question kinda ties in with how I joined the band and that is I want to give harsh vocals a try and I ask to feat on a track and the rest is history
 
3.Who was the first singer you saw live that gave you chills?

Damn that's a hard question well if we was to go with just singing I have to say spencer sotelo from periphery or Howard Jones from light the torch
 
4.Many people say heavy music is just screaming, How would you combat that statement?
  

I have heard and had so many people including family say that screaming is easy and how I combat that is by telling them if it's so easy then do it and then they try and hurt their thoat and I turn around and go no so easy right
 
5.If you growl or do harsh vocals how do you keep your voice after such violent performances?

After a set I will carry on drinking room temperature water and do a cool down routine
 
6. Do you have a warm up routine? Tell u bout it ?


Yes I do, my warm up routine is an all day thing, so on the day of a gig I don't eat anything with milk or cheese in it and I don't drink any erengy drinks, coffee or most importantly cold water, then I'll hum using my thoat to warm my vocal chords up and normal I'll have room temperature water and green tea with honey
 
7. Do you think power or performance is more important?


For live gigs you need to be able to have both really but you could be an amazing vocalist but if your boring on stage people will lose interest so I will go with performance
 
8. Who do you think gets unfair vocal praise, someone the world thinks is great but is not? 

In personal opinion I have to go with miley Cyrus 
 
8b. And who is great but does not get the credit?
  Again I have to go with spencer sotelo from periphery or Howard Jones from light the torch

9.Name your top 5 vocalist
1. Phil Bozeman from Whitechapel 2. CJ Mcmahon from Thy Art Is Murder 3. Ben Duerr from Shadow Of Intent 4. Hunter Madison from Hunt The Dinosaur 5. Alex Teyen from Black Yongue
 
10.Micheal Buble or Jim Gallette? Just testing your skills here

Hmmmmmm I don't know Jim Gallette but I don't like Micheal so Jim
 
11.Who do you love to listen to that would surprise people?.

To surpise people I like listen to Lewis Capaldi, JME or Skepta
 
12.If you could remove the autotune from any singer who would it be?
  

T-Pain because he has an amazing voice but he uses autotune way to much






No comments:

Post a Comment