NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, December 6, 2019

THE DEEP END SERIES : Sedulous Rouse

1.Why Bass?

My mates were looking for a bass player for Sedulous Rouse , I’d been playing guitar in a different band with the drummer at the time, he asked if I’d be keen to give it a go. Turns out I love playing bass & haven’t looked back.

2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?


Probably lack of knowledge in most cases but I find I don’t have that in Sedulous Rouse as my bass playing is just as melodic and active as the guitar and I get to show off my skills with solos tapping and sweep picking. I feel I get my fair share of credit.

3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why?


ESP LTD AX54, black. Around 2010 I think. It looks badass, very similar to a warlock, it plays brilliantly, sounds brilliant & I got a great deal on it!!

4.Tell us about your amplification


I direct input mostly, unless we are playing live and then I will hire or borrow a rig.

5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?


  

Tone is essential for allowing your bass to be heard and stand out, and not juts get lost in the mix. I run through a Boss GT8 guitar effects processor which has great amp simulators, compression, eq and effects.

6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?


I play a 4 string but I do love 5 string Bass. I’m hoping to write more 5 string bass lines for future Sedulous Rouse songs.

7.Who is your favorite bassist?


I don’t have a favourite but love and respect all the greats, Cliff Burton, Geezer Butler, Flea etc.

8. Who is your least favorite bassist?


Also don’t have anyone least favoured particularly, but I guess Krist Novoselic was pretty average.

9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?


I think it’s got something to do with subsonic vibrations, the way it just rattles your soul!

10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?


I’m a self-taught bass player so I get to have private lessons with me all the time! I’m pretty lucky I’ve got such an awesome teacher I guess! LOL!!!!!


11. Bonus question


Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why?


They’re all awesome, I don’t find any of them ridiculous, although they can all be a bit silly with their antics. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment