NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, December 13, 2019

Jewelzz white/ Effigy of Hate VOkills interview

Q= please introduce yourself & tell us who you sing for ..

A= Jewelzz White singer /vocalist & lyricist front woman for Effigy of Hate 

Q=what /who made you wanna sing 
 
A=I've always sang growing up but never got the nerve to pursue it or make anything serious from it .. until I met my bf / guitarist for Effigy of Hate & we began and took off 

Q=who was the first singer you saw live that gave you chills. 
 
A=Behemoth ... I could barely breath let alone contain myself lol 

Q= many ppl say heavy music is just screaming ..how would you combat that statement ..
  
A= metal music isn't always about screaming ... there alot of rhythms. .rhymes screaming is a form of aggression. Where metal music may sound aggressive but that is not always the case some of the most beautiful songs are done with a scream for example .. Black Rose Immortal by opeth 

Q=if you growl or do harsh vocals how do you keep your voice after such a violent performances 
 
A= I dunno I don't really have a technique I drink lots of water that's about it 

Q= do you have a warm up routine ..tell us about it 
 
A=no I just make myself super familiar with the song and then hit it hard with wicked lyrics and vocals 

Q=do you think power or performance is more important 
 
A= a little of each a good 50/50 split . Alot power ..and amped up performance go hand in hand for solid entertainment 

Q=who do you think gets unfair vocal praise .someone the world thinks is great but is not .. and who is great but doesn't get enough credit ..
  
A= for the first question I'm really not to sure I've never actually thought about it ..
But for the second part of that question I'd have to say Tom Araya (slayer ) 

Q=name your top 5 vocalist
A= Tom Araya ( slayer ) 
Adam Darski (Behemoth )
Micheal Ackerfeldt ( opeth ) 
Tobias Forge ( Ghost )
John Haughm ( Agalloch ) *AGALLOCH!!!!! YES!!WES J

Q= Micheal buble or Jim Gallette. . Just testing your skills 
A= well I can't say I've heard of this Micheal bubble ... so oviously Jim Gallette 

Q= who do you listen to that would surprise people
 .
A= primus, the Beatles , Godsmack , Pink 

Q= if you could remove auto tune from any singer who would it be ?
A= I wouldn't know the names of any singers that use auto tune I don't listen to that sort of music lol

1 comment: