NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, December 1, 2019

THE DEEP END SERIES ; UNKNOWN


1.Why Bass?

Answer: I didn't start with bass. In the beginning I was the vocalist of a different incarnation of UNKNOWN. When I joined back up with these guys after a break and a hiatus, they needed a bass player. So I did my best to fill in the gap.
 



2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?

Answer: It depends. I guess it's lack of knowledge in most cases. I essentially play rhythm guitar on bass in this band and it ain't easy keeping up with a guitarist like Kevin Walker. A lot of  bassists do more with 4 strings than some guitarists do with 6 or 7 strings.


3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why

Answer: I play on a Schecter Stiletto Extreme Diamond Series (cherry red). I used to play on an ESP but after trying the Schecter it just felt better  and sounds more like what I was going for as far as tone goes.


4.Tell us about your amplification

Answer: My rig consists of a TC Electronic RH450 head, a Mark Bass 104HF 800 watt 4x10 cabinet and a Galien Krueger 115RBH 400 watt 15 inch cabinet.


5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?
  

Answer: Tone is extremely important especially only having one guitarist. I'm constantly looking for better tone. Especially live when we get to the solo on a song. I'm filling in the gap of not having a rhythm guitarist on top of my responsibilities on the low end of the song.


6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?

Answer: Right now I use 4 strings. I'm not going to add an extra string unless I plan to use all 5. I use all 4 and it works for now. But maybe one day I'll use 5.


7.Who is your favorite bassist?

Answer: A tie between Rex Brown and John Campbell. Rex because of his sound and John because I play in a similar manner.


8. Who is your least favorite bassist?

Answer: Don't have one. Maybe anyone who plays bass for Justin Bieber.


9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?

 
Answer: I don't know that they are. Maybe because it's a bigger instrument and it proves they can handle it and hang with the guys. Or maybe it's just hot for a woman to play bass, idk.


10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?

Answer: Dead: Cliff Burton

Alive: Rex Brown or Les Claypool


11. Bonus question

Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan which is more ridiculous and why

Answer: Nikki Sixx is ridiculous in a bad way. I don't get it. I love the dude and his story but not a fan of the music. He made the soundtrack for a lot of strip clubs I guess.

Les Claypool in a good way. His playing is just different and interesting. I've always been fascinated with his style. Love the oddball stuff.


 WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment