NIGHTMARE TOYS

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

VOKILLS INTERVIEW : Jason Adams / Awoken Infinium

Q: Please introduce yourself and tell us who you sing for.

A: I'm Jason Adams and I'm the vocalist for Awoken Infinium.

Q: What/Who made you want to sing?
 
 
A: It came to me from a desire to try and relate to people and aim to inspire them in their own paths. To offer an encouraging word in times of distress and chaos. To help others realize who they truly are and the power we all hold. My lady and I love singing karaoke and she has always motivated me in this direction and has always supported me musically. 

Q: Many people say heavy metal is just screaming, how would you combat this statement?
 
A: It's much more than mere screaming. To me it is. It's conveying an emotion in an intense way that is deeply felt. There's an emotion, passion, and inner voice that is released within the structure of a metal piece. It can portray anger, happiness, sadness, beauty, ugly, and all in between.

Q: If you growl or do harsh vocals how do you keep your voice after such violent performances?
 
 
A: Learn correct screaming techniques to ensure not to hurt yourself. Learning correctly and in a way that best suits YOU, you can minimize loss of voice or fatigue.

Q: Do you have a warm-up routine? Tell me about it?
 
A: I typically take 15-30 minutes to do a few scale exercises and breathing exercises. I then sing to a few songs at a low volume and down an octave softly. Over time I gradually increase volume and intensity, and range until I feel comfortable and open. I do that for my screams as well besides down an octave. 

Q: Do you think power or performance is more important?
 
A: I think both are important. In my case they compliment each other. With power, comes a more "filled-out" performance. A solid, tight performance exudes power, not just in the music delivery but character of the overall sound. 

Q: Who do you think gets unfair vocal praise, someone that the world thinks is great but is not? / And who is great but does not get the credit?
 
 
A: That's a hard one off the top of the head. Don't think I really have an answer. I think everyone has a part to play and a role to fill for a reason. There are also countless ones that deserve credit but seem to elude it in the same respect.

Q: Name your top 5 vocalists.
 
A: Hard question...there are quite a few. 1. Phil Bozeman
2. Howard Jones
3. Ronnie Canizaro
4. Michael Lessard
5. Tim Lambesis

Q: Michael Buble or Jim Gillette?
 
A: haha. Quite a difference there. Well, Buble is a great lyrical, big band singer with good range and tone. He caters to a much different timbre than that of metal or hair metal such as Gillette performed, including power vocals and high wails.

Q: Who do you listen to that would surprise people?
 
A: I'm really not sure. I listen to a little of everything.

Q: If you could remove autotune from any singer who would it be?
  
A: I heard a track T-Payne did without autotune and realized what a talented singer he actually is. He should do more like that! 

Thank you so much for this interview!
 
Please feel free to send a message and like my bands FB page! It is Awoken Infinium. EP is being recorded and will have dates for release soon! Meanwhile here is the link to a track recently finished with a good friend Phillip Krohn.

1 comment:

  1. um hi dad its Kara just want you to know i love you!by the way how are the kitties?

    ReplyDelete