NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, November 7, 2019

OFF THE DEEP END SERIES (Tempest Rising Official)



1.Why Bass?

Bass first started for me when the band was forming. I have always liked the strings but never played myself, It was only until I was asked to play. Since then I have not looked back
   



2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?


I think there is always going to be underrated bands/ music out there. To new ears the bass doesn’t stand out as much as other instruments (like guitar) So it is mostly only other musicians that can really appreciate a great bass player


3.What kind of bass do you use?


 Model , color , year , And why
My bass of choice right now is the Ibanez BTB 5string. Active pick ups and a long scale is really practical for metal. Otherwise i am a sucker for the classic Fender Precision bass with the versatility for pretty much any genre

4.Tell us about your amplification


I run Direct input with two pedals. Nothing fancy but if you have a good sound guy you eliminate the use for an amp
 



5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?


Tone is definitely a factor when it comes to music and bass is no exception! To sit there and figure out the sounds of your rig the instrument and experimenting/ improving on sound at home is all part of learning. In short tone is imperative


6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?


Four, five, six strings? It doesn’t really matter which you use as long as it feels comfortable. There a lot of songs you can get away with by only using one string


7.Who is your favorite bassist?


Jaco Pastorius. One of the most experimental electric bassists of all time. Anyone can take a page out of his book (MOD)
   



8. Who is your least favorite bassist?


Least favourite bassist.. this is a hard one but I’m going to say any player that uses running bass lines. Get more experimental! I’m talking to you


9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?


I don’t think gender has anything to do with with an interest in any instrument.. Bass is one of the easiest to start on but saying that it can give off some satisfying low frequencies


10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?


 

I would bring back Sid Vicious for a private lesson. We might not play a lot of bass but I’m sure he could teach me some life lessons

11. Bonus question


Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why
 Les claypool & Billy Sheehan. Both legends in there own right & they don’t use a plectrum slap and finger style only


www.themetalmoose.com

No comments:

Post a Comment