NIGHTMARE TOYS

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

THE BATTERY SERIES : Cody Maran / Open The Nile





1.What is your name and what band do you play for?

My name is Cody Maran and I play for Open The Nile



2.Who made you want to play drums and why?

John Dolmayan from System of a Down was the one who made me want to play drums. He gave a style to the bands sound that was technical yet groovy and it was the coolest thing I’ve ever heard.



3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…

My brother had gotten this Ludwig Accent kit when I was maybe 11-12 and we kind of beat the life out of it til I got a used Tama Rockstar kit for Christmas that I picked up at a used shop.
 




4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?

I would say they definitely are. Put up with me making a lot of noise with my brother Jojo in our garage.



5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?

Blake Richardson from Between the Buried and Me on the album The Parallax II: Future Sequence

  


6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.

Tama Starclassic Maple Wine Red

Rack Toms: 10x7,12x8

Floor Tom: 14x14

Kick: 18x18

Snare: Tama Slp Backbeat Silver sparkle 13x7

Sabian Cymbals:Sabian AAX 13in Fusion Hats (Left)

Sabian AAX 16in Xplosion Crash

Sabian AAX 8in Splash

Sabian AAX 18in Stage Crash

Sabian Hand Hammered 21in Raw Bell Dry Ride

Sabian AAX 14in Xcelerator Hats (Right)

Sabian AA 19in Holy China natural

Pedals: Tama Speed Cobra Double

Hardware and Throne All Tama

Evans Drumheads and Promark Drumsticks

Roland Electronics


  

 
7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL

To be honest with you The kit I currently own satisfies me so much, that it actually is one of my dream kits the only I’d ask for is the same sizes in Tama but in different finishes and material wood.



8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy

    Matt Garstka
    Blake Richardson
    Mario Duplantier
    Alex Rudinger
    Navene Koperweis



9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?

 I prefer live but also love Studio, playing live gives me the moment to improvise new things and feel out different grooves on the fly.

  

10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist?

I’m the type of drummer to get the whole band chicks hahahaha 



https://www.facebook.com/OpenTheNile/
WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM


No comments:

Post a Comment