NIGHTMARE TOYS

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Patrick Gauvin / Wrath Of Echoes

1.Tell us your name and the band you play for

Patrick Gauvin, Wrath Of Echoes



2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar


I’m a bass player at first. Playing bass for 25 years now. But I always had a guitar at home and writing some riff. Wrath Of Echoes is my first band on guitar.

  


3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?


Mostly self taught. Had some bass guitar lessons at school when I was 15 but that’s it.
.

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?


When I was at school yes… 25 years later hell no haha.4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?
When I was at school yes… 25 years later hell no haha.

.

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?


I think yes. But nowdays it’s pretty hard to have your ‘’own sound’’ with all the bands out there.


6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )


 

I have a couple of guitars but my main axes are a LTD EC401VB Satin Black’n gold and a LTD Pheonix 1000 Black’n White.



7.What about pickups? Passive or active ?Tell us about them


I’m all into passive pickups. On my 2 main guitars I have Bareknuckles Warpigs and I fucking love them. Aggressive and mean as hell!



8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc


I have an old combo 5150 60W transformed into a head. Love it! As for cab it’s a Nomades with 2 Vintage 30s and 2 Governors in a X pattern. Those cabs were made here in Quebec especially to play metal.


9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy


Built my own pedalboard. I have a joyo pxl-pro pedalswitcher that’s allowed me to switch my pedals and save presets like a multi-effects but with pedals. On the board there’s a Shure GLX16 wireless/tuner, Kartakou Warmer, MXR 6 bands EQ, TC Electronics Hall Of Fame, TC Electronics Flashback, EH Memory Boy nano and a Decimator II.
    


10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..


Damn that’s a pretty hard question. I seriously don’t know. There is so much different brand and small compagnies that I would love to try like KSR, Friedman, REVV or Fortin but they are pretty rare here in Quebec, Canada and expensive. But I think some day I will have an ENGL Artist Edition.

11.What guitarist can you not stand?


As a soundman I’ve worked with a lot of bands and the worst is Malmsteen. Hate that guy haha. I’m not into shredders anyway.

12. Is tone more important or is technique?


I think both are really important. Even if you have the best tone in the world if your playing suck your tone will suck.

13. Name your top 5 guitarist
- Mick Mars
- Marty Friedman
- Stephen Carpenter
- Dave Mustaine
- Dimebag Darrell

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist


Malmsteen… told you I hate him haha

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?


Have to be Dave Mustaine, He have an incredible thechnique and he’s able to sign while playing all those riffs and spider chords.


https://www.facebook.com/wrathofechoes/

WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM


No comments:

Post a Comment