NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, November 4, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Mattias Fabricius / Cemetery Gates


Cemetery Gates was founded in 2018 when the two former work colleagues decided to  create music together. They both had a preference for the 70s, 80s and  90s metal scene with bands such as Danzig, Black Sabbath, Tiamat, Amorphis, Type O Negative, Metallica, Pantera, and their music has this retro feeling.
Their first single Old Misfortune Blues was released in February 2019. During the spring they released the double single Am I the Lie...? and the single Hotel Albatross, while they was working on the full debut album. Through the Shadows of Fear got released in August 2019 where the previous releases also is included.
That's not all! During 2019 they've also managed to release two music videos on YouTube for the songs Till the End and Awake.
This is only the beginning of Cemetery Gates as they currently are working on a concept EP about Chernobyl which  will take you on a visual and musical journey like no other!
Stay Metal!

1.Tell us your name and the band you play for
My Name is Mattias Fabricius and I Play guitar in Cemetery Gates a Swedish metalband founded in 2018 .
 


2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar
That was a long time ago but I think it was when I as 10 year old first heard Mick Mars  on “Shout at the Devil” back in 84.. Before that I wanted to play Bass and be Gene Simmons….

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?
I am selftaught…

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?
I can read some music on a basic level. I was groing up with “Guitarworld” magazine so learning tabs was a must. (Off course pre. Internet….)

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?
I think I have worked out a viraity of sound. Taken insperation of the ones I think have a great tone/sound. I think that its much easier nowdays with all the plugins in a way to get what you want, but then again maybe not (to many options, haha). I like to work with a lot of different tones/sounds and don’t want “a” sound.

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )
I have always loved IBANEZ and I have a Ibanez SZ720 Charcoal burst. But my Main guitar nowdays are a ESP LTD EC-401 Olympic White.
  

7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them
Ibanez – Passive Seymour Duncan
ESP – Active EMG 81/60

8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc
Back in the days I played Peavy EVH 5150 and Marshall (don’t remember the modell dident own it, borowed)
I will use Line6 Helix when we will play live.
Plugins – Fortin Nameless Suit (Fantastic), Fortin NTS, Toontrack and Guitarrig 5.

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy
It will all be Helix when we live play I think

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..
Randall Satan 120 Amp Head, Randall 4x12 w V30 Speakers

11.What guitarist can you not stand?
Well I don’t know…. Steve Vai…. (His an alien)

I12. Is tone more important or is technique?
Combination… both are so important. But I think that the most important thing is feeling. The music must feel alive.

13. Name your top 5 guitarist
This is my main Insperatione maybe not the greatest but they formed me….
In no order…
Mick Mars (Motley Crue)
Billy Duffy (The Cult)
Chris DeGarmo (Queensryche)
Dimebag Darrell (Pantera)
Randy Rhodes (Ozzy Osbourne)

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist
I don’t know….CC Deville…. Haha, no that’s just mean (I love Poison)
   

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?
Yeah, I would love to have a private sitdown with jimi Page…


https://www.facebook.com/cemeterygatesband/ 
WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM


No comments:

Post a Comment