NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Rob of Raging Rob - INTERVIEW

1/Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
In 2005 Raging Mob was founded in Beijing China and 2008 released the first album, 2009 I (Robert) won best vocalist in the Wacken Metal Battle and 2010 best band in the China Wacken Metal battle. In this time I gained my nickname 'Raging Rob'. In 2012 the band split up and in 2014 after I left Assassin I made my own band and called it as my nickname 'Raging Rob'. Raging Rob was formed with me, Dirk Preylowski on lead guitars, Maik Jansen on rhythm guitars, Rudi Görg on bass and Frank Nellen on drums.


2/What’s the origin of the band’s name?
As I just explained Raging Rob was my nickname that's where the name comes from.

3/Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
We are from Düsseldorf in Germany. Metal bands like Assassin, Deathrow, Warrent, Warlock come from here.

4/How would you describe your style?
80s Thrash Metal

5/What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
In 2008 I released with Raging Rob a first album and just now we Raging Rob released our new album 'Always the true Assassin'. For people who like 80s Thrash Metal can definitely check it out.

6/Do you have any new music in the works?
Well we just released the new album less then a month ago so that's our newest material !

7/How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
So far we had 2 gigs but now with the new album out we plan to make more shows.

8/What plans do you have for the future as a band?
We hope to get good feed backs from out new album and make some shows.

9/Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Both our albums you can find on our bandcamp page or on our facebook page.

10/What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
For sure that a good headbanging went well with the songs !

No comments:

Post a Comment