NIGHTMARE TOYS

Saturday, May 26, 2018

DIONISYAN


1.       Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
1.        I created  DIONISYAN  in 2010 with the intention of making music from deep feelings, full of pathos, emotions dark and melancholic, mix in complex arrangements leaden, very different from anything that I wrote THE CONCEPT LYRICS, created and arranged ALL THE COMPOSITIONS with all my other musical projects in the past like GATES OF EDEN, SORTILEGIUM, LEPER DIVINE AND ERIAMINELL.
The current 2018 line up is me (Tregor Russo) : All Instruments in the Studio, Silvia Balistreri: Lead and Backing Vocals, Alessandro Basso; Bass.



1.   2.   DIONISYAN is the dark side of my spiritual soul, of my artistic creativity always changing, time introspection of Being and Catharsis Redeemer.

I created  DIONISYAN  in 2010 with the intention of making music from deep feelings, full of pathos, emotions dark and melancholic, mix in complex arrangements leaden, very different from anything that I wrote THE CONCEPT LYRICS, created and arranged ALL THE COMPOSITIONS with all my other musical projects  like GATES OF EDEN, SORTILEGIUM, LEPER DIVINE AND ERIAMINELL.

3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are

there any local bands you could recommend?

1.       Me and my DIONISYAN are based in Palermo, in south Italy. The scene in Italy in that period is go ahead with some interesting bands.
I recommended LEPER DIVINE,GATES OF EDEN and SORTILEGIUM bands o’mine.


4.How would you describe your style?


4. With " DELIRIUM AND MADNESS"  I wanted to give a strong and impactful identification with Spirituality coupled with philosophy, completely switched to female opera and modern Vocals.
      Certainly it is a pioneering album of a new genre; the atmospheric baroque doom metal.
      Absolute melody, harmonies from the first to the last note of the opera, lyrical and modern  female  singing alternating, baroque music with progressive metal and ATMOSPHERIC DOOM METAL in my original and innovative blend.
The second DIONISYAN’s Opera, day by day is more and more appreciated, listened to and known by many fans all over the world, many come close to my innovative artistic proposal for various original elements that characterize it. both digital and physical sales are fairly good but I still do not know how many copies have been sold.
The album was released on October 3, 2017 and the Sliptrick Records's first appearance is still on record.


5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your
works?


5. It's my 6th career album and it's my absolute masterpiece, where I've surpassed myself, in every detail, compared to the first album of DIONISYAN "The Mystery of Faith" which is already very complete and intricate too.
For sureDELIRIUM AND MADNESS” be much more 'complex musically regarding the compositions, arrangements and orchestrations from the first album "THE MYSTERY OF FAITH" that already anyway presents his musical innovation at the forefront for the contrasts of genres that I mixed between them, but in the second album I'll move to other genres of music not to fossilize the DIONISYAN only to what I've done so far and go beyond the boundaries with other musical styles to get ahead in my evolutionary path as Composer, Arranger, Author, Multi-Instrumentalist and of course Music Teacher.



6. Do you have any new music in the works?


6. Next year i will record the third DIONISYAN’s Opera,
I will change for the third time musical genre, I do not want to fossilize myself or even cradle myself on the tortuously beautiful articulated styles that I have amalgamated in the two Dionisyan’s albums.
In the first album I explored progressive metal, melodic death metal, traditional Arabic music, classical and medieval songs, always with Atmospheric Doom metal.
In the second album the baroque music, the opera and the progressive metal, always with the Atmospheric Doom metal. In the third album I will realize exclusively Epic Atmospheric Doom Metal, very linear, without any contamination of other styles and musical genres, it will be 100% DOOM METAL.
As for the line up, I only keep bassist Alessandro Basso and I will change the female singer to get a male singer, this time with a clear voice too to sing Epic style


7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?


7. In practice they are under the Music Faktory booking agency management and are trying to organize the first European tour to support and promote "Delirium and Madness".
  We are waiting and I cannot wait to bring this magical work to life, which will give the impression to all colours that will come to see us, to make a leap in those Baroque eras, when Music was the highest religious expression and spiritual, combined with the artistic vision of the composers who proposed it in the aristocratic halls.


8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?


8. This period is full for me as I'm dedicating to an old project of mine that I have exhumed GATES OF EDEN, here I propose a very powerful musical invention; Progressive Metal with Mediterranean, Jazz, Ethnical and Traditional Middle Eastern Music.
 From January 2018 until last week, I returned to the Recording Studio to perform and record ENTIRELY ONLY the first Album of the GATES OF EDEN; (electric guitars 7 strings, 5 strings bass, drums, and other ethnic and traditional Middle Eastern instruments), one of my solo musical projects that in 2008 I released the first professional Ep, printed in worldwide 1000 copies sold out!

The album that I conceived as a new pioneering metal genre, also has the intent to be a Music for the Mass, direct, catchy from the very first listening and easy to understand even for those who music, compositions, arrangements and orchestrations they do not have the technical and cultural background to be able to understand it.

With this first Album of the GATES OF EDEN, in which I propose an innovative and original Middle Eastern Progressive Metal, in it’s interior I amalgamated different styles of music in the "technical-arranging-compositional-orchestration" phase.

The result of my careful research, studies, and deep thoughts, finding a way that unites different stylistic tastes that attract the mass and are struck by direct, catchy and easy to understand melodies without going crazy trying to understand them!


9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?


9. I  invite  anyone who wants to know  the Second Album "DELIRIUM AND MADNESS – CONCERTO GROSSO OPERA°2 IN G MINOR", can see  on Youtube.com “Blood Prophecy” and “ In The Mirror Of My Soul” lyrics video and the last audio video “Guardian Angels” with Sarah Eick as special guest from FUNERAL band.

The copies of the new second DIONISYAN's opus " Delirium and Madness - Concerto Grosso Opera °2 in G Minor are available for selling.
The cd are in elegant 12 booklit jewel case format with the postcards that i shall give together to all my Worldwide supporters with my autograph. 
Order now your copy at :
castellus@tiscali.it
Worldwide payment with Postepay Evolution...
Cost of copy of the Album 10 € (plus 5 € for shipping expenses throughout Italy, plus 6 € shipping costs all over Europe and Russia, plus 8 € for shipping expense in the rest of the World) gift for the first 
50, the postcard "DELIRIUM AND MADNESS" signed off!


10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your
music for the first time?


10. Since i was child, i was a prodigy child for art and music. I lived in the '80s, the golden age of metal. But my favorite metal genre was and it is the Doom Metal with most sub styles.
Initially Pink Floyd  at the tender age of 3 years old and then  I start to listen Metal at 6 years old!





No comments:

Post a Comment