NIGHTMARE TOYS

Saturday, May 26, 2018

The Stars Revolt NTERVIEW



You are speaking with Richie Ray (vocals/guitar) of The Stars Revolt

1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members. 

Well, I was the frontman for Shindig until we split up in 2009.  After that, I got into music production and opened up my own studio and venue in New Albany, IN.  I started working with Skyler's old band, Beyond Doubt sometime around 2011.  I met Will when he was in Until Death Do Us Party sometime around 2013 when I produced a song for them and he and I instantly hit it off.  Brett was in a band called Better Than Salem and I had met them through booking shows.  In early 2017, I bought a new building for my studio and Skyler came in to help me renovate.  By this time, everyone was bandless and Skyler got me to get together with him and Brett to mess around.  The second time we got together, I believe, we wrote Goodnight, Goodnight.  Will had just moved back from Oklahoma and I couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather be playing bass.  He came in and everything just clicked.

2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?

We knew we were doing something different musically.  We're kind of a throwback to the 2000's emo vibe, so we joked about starting a music revolution.  After a bunch of awful name ideas, this one caught on and we went with it.

 3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend? 

We're from just outside of Louisville, KY.  The scene here is really good.  Right now, hardcore is huge here, but I think that's the case all over.  A few bands from here are starting to blow up like Knocked Loose and The Weekend Classic.  I would also recommend checking out Since Anaheim.  They are great dudes.

4. How would you describe your style?

We're like modern rock mixed with that dark 2000's emo feel.  Think the Foo Fighters mixed with My Chemical Romance.

 5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works? 

Right now it's the new EP (available everywhere now) and the video for Be Careful What You Wish For.  I think people can expect just some straight forward rock and roll.

6. Do you have any new music in the works? 

We're always writing.  Right now we're focusing on promoting the new release before we get into anything too big, but we're throwing around the idea of doing a studio cover album for fun.

7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out? 

We're playing a bit here and there.  Once fall comes though, we are going to start hitting it really hard.  A lot of has commitments through the summer, so our schedules are a bit limited.

8. What plans do you have for the future as a band? 

To keep playing, writing and putting out music.  We'll keep doing it as long as there's an audience to listen.

9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff? 

We're everywhere.  You can listen on Spotify, Apple Music & Tidal.  If you want to buy it; iTunes, Google Play, Amazon.com or Bandcamp.  We also have physical copies on TheStarsRevolt.com

10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?

Forget everything.  Just let go and listen.



No comments:

Post a Comment