NIGHTMARE TOYS

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

THE GRINDER GET IN THE DOGHOUSE WITH DOGHOUSE SWINE

1.Thanks for your time. Tell us about your band and what you do for your band. 

 Hello, My name is Ian, and I am the singer/guitar player for the US based band DogHouse Swine... Well.. DogHouse Swine can be considered a Hard Rock/Punk hybrid, or what some would say "Punk N'Roll"..We are all seasoned musicians having been in previous giging bands with touring/recording experience.

2.When did you decide you wanted to be in a band? 

Along long time ago in a galaxy far far away....

3. What is different about being a musician than you imagined? 

The amount of hard work that it takes to accomplish your goals, as hard as you think it is, its so much harder..But thats OK, I'm up to the challenge 🙂...and the business end of it, there is so much to that part of it.

4.What gear do you use and why? 

 I've been playing Gibson Les Pauls since I was 17, I have three main amps all tube,(1)a 50 watt Marshall JMC 800 with a 1980's 4x12 Carvin Cabinet with 100watt Celestion speakers, (2)a '62 Marshall Bluesbreaker (Not the Reissue, the original) and (3) my Touring amp a Fender Deville 4x10 with a 12 inch extension cabinet. I use Ernie Ball strings 11-48, heavy Fender tortoise shell 351 picks. I use very little effects, I have a Morley Steve vai Bad Horsey Wah, and an Ibanez Smashbox for gain. I have other effects that i use sparingly when needed, a Morpheous Droptune, and a Marshall Guv'nor pedal. It's a little hard to describe but I dont like to mask the natural sounds of the guitars and amps to much, just enhance them enough to give them that sonic quality I'm looking for


5. What music do you listen to that would surprise people? 

I listen to a lot of mainstream pop music

6. How do we find your music and merch to buy? 

You can find our music wherever quality music is sold..LOL... Since we are on Sliptrick, we'll be avialable through all the major download sites and also availble on physical CD in select markets worldwide. For merchandise you'll have to come to one of our live shows, and purchase it at our merch booth. You can also go to the DogHouse Swine website www.doghouseswine.com and send me a message, and ask..if you dare!!...LOL 

7. How did you get a record deal? Or do you want a record deal or are you DIY? 

Thats a three part answer..Our first releases were DIY on CDBaby..The first label we were on was Manta Ray Records out of Baltimore,MD USA. They found us through a website, I actually forget which one. They messaged us and the rest was history. As far as Sliptrick Records, our current label..The answer is simple, one word..Moose *Word.... Moose

8. What bands do people compare your music to? 

Motorhead, Supersuckers

9. Are you pro Spotify / streaming services ? Or do you think it hurts sales? 

I'm all for any service that helps an artist get more exposure for their music. Does it hurt sales in the traditional sense...yes..but with new technologies, these are changing times we are living in, and we as artists have to adapt to the times in order to continue to bring our art to the masses.

10. What’s the ultimate goal for the band? 
The ultimat goal..Hmmmm...It definately has changed through the years..for now it would be able to continue what I'm doing musically for a living till I decide to retire..


11. Will we see you tour? 

Yes..As of this writing there is a tour schedueled for the US in Oct 2018. In 2019 there will be a tour in Brazil,SA..then another US tour, then probably the EU in the fall. That will be three continents in 2019 that we will be touring on, so yes, you will see us tour. We'll be there, will you? 

12. Who would you love to tour with? 

I'm not to picky when it comes to that because I enjoy so many bands..I would have to say Motorhead, even though I know it will never happen.

13.What is your favorite song of yours and why? 

My favorite song is 'House Of The Rising Sun' by The Animals..The melody, the Hammond organ, His voice, that song haunts me deeply

14. Why should people take the time to listen to your band over the thousands of other bands? 

Because somebody on a record label said I'm good!!..LOL..Just Kidding..you should listen to the record if you like that style of music, and maybe can take something from it that you can feel good about.

15.What are your favorite music websites labels podcast etc? 

I perfer local/regional homegrown podcasts like Metalmoose..back in the day, we used to have a local paper, by me it was called The Aquarian. They are still around, but are falling out of favour to the internet, like most publications. My favorite label is the one that I'm on Sliptrick Records.



16. Is imagery important to you? Do you judge albums by the cover? 

I never judge an album by the cover. Some of the best albums of all time have no real cover. Take for example The Beates White Album, or Metallica's Black Album...or even Public Image Limited's album called 'Album'

17.If you could choose a cover song your band mates would hate what would it be? 

oh..probaly something in mainstream pop

18.Is the record or live show more important? 

Depends..If you can afford it, then the live show..If you cant then the record and a six pack..whatever makes you feel good...I hope I can do both..

 19. Name 3 people dead or alive you would want to play your music for. 

David Gilmore, Todd Rundgren, Leonard Cohen....I coould go on but you said only three...LOL

20. Lemmy Ozzy Dio and Rob Halford in a cage match who wins? 

Lemmy..because Lemmy is God

https://www.facebook.com/doghouse.swine/



No comments:

Post a Comment