I channel the music from a higher power, that's my role
2.When did you decide you wanted to be in a band?
Pre-birth, sometime during conception
3. What is different about being a musician than you imagined?
I'm not really musician, I can't read music, I just hit the guitar and shout a lot.
4.What gear do you use and why?
For vocals I use Shure microphones. For guitar ESP mainly, though also Jackson and Schecter, with Mesa amp heads - that's the simple description, it's a fairly complex rig but it's unique and works for me.
5. What music do you listen to that would surprise people?
My guilty pleasure is listening to this pop group called Ghost, they exclusively cover Abba songs and are fronted by Danzig. In all seriousness they are great.
6. How do we find your music and merch to buy?
Streamable everywhere, hardcopies should be on amazon, or message the facebook page for a sweet deal.
7. How did you get a record deal? Or do you want a record deal or are you DIY?
We don't have a record deal and have actually refused the current offers for our next album due 2019. Our unique marketing strategy is the secret to having become such a dominant global power in so little time.
8. What bands do people compare your music to?
People compare our music to Metallica, Blind Guardian, Heathen, Evile. The And Justice For All... Album is the most commonly quoted reference although it sounds completely different to me.
9. Are you pro Spotify / streaming services ? Or do you think it hurts sales?
Spotify and streaming... undecided where I land on that. If people are accessing our music and enjoying it then that's fine by me.
10. What’s the ultimate goal for the band?
Ultimate goal is to make loads of money and stuff it in my mattress, then trade the mattress for more guitars.
11. Will we see you tour?
You will see us tour, but not until after the next album. We will actually be hiring some new members between now and then - anyone interested and talented in the UK should message us, don't care what you play, lead guitar, tuba, message us.
12. Who would you love to tour with?
I'd love to tour with Iron Maiden, I have infinite respect for the way they've done things.
13.What is your favorite song of yours and why?
My favourite... Marionette is a good contender as it does a good job of doing what it does, and in a good timeframe... on the other hand every single track off the next album is a thing of cool, violent beauty.
14. Why should people take the time to listen to your band over the thousands of other bands?
You should listen to us because I have the utmost respect for every second of the listeners time and I won't be wasting it.
15.What are your favorite music websites labels podcast etc?
Favourite music websites? This outlet called Metal Moose Set 2014.
16. Is imagery important to you? Do you judge albums by the cover?
Imagery is very important, I have a very visual mindset and often write songs according to colour. It seems to focus the mood of the music.
17.If you could choose a cover song your band mates would hate what would it be?
If I could choose a cover that everyone else would hate... probably Octavarium by Dream Theatre, all 24 minutes of it.
18.Is the record or live show more important?
To me right now... the record has to be more important. It's pure, tangible thought and emotion. A record is a beautiful medium.
19. Name 3 people dead or alive you would want to play your music for.
I'd like to play my music to Jason Newsted, 3 times, I have my reasons.
20. Lemmy Ozzy Dio and Rob Halford in a cage match who wins?
Lemmy, come on.
YOU WILL HEAR BORN OF IRE ON AN UPCOMING EPISODE OF THE METAL MOOSE PODCAST