1. Please tell us about the about the band and its members.
James is our main songwriter, drummer, studio guitarist, recording engineer, and occasional lyricist. He’s made a name for himself doing radio promos and drumming for Muk.
All of the other members are friends of his: George on guitar, Todd on Bass, and Morey sings.
2. Who does the majority of the writing? Is it a group thing or does someone handle the writing duties?
James will often write the whole song end to end and record it within the space of a couple of hours. George brings some of the guitar riffs. Todd and Morey both write their own parts on top of what George and James create.
3. Where is the band based out of ? Where did you want to the band to end up? What was the dream city to have as your home base once you got out of your scene?
We live in and around the San Francisco bay area. We have no plans to move - we’re all pretty well set here.
4. What is your genre? What bands do you use to explain to people what you sound like?
A lot of people say we sound like early Danzig, but we would say we’re hard rock or garage metal.
5. Can we buy anything from you Cd's shirts etc and where can we buy them?
For now all we have are stickers, but if all goes well there should be more merch and an EP next year.
6. Do you have studio time lined up anything new coming soon?
James has a home studio so that’s a definite yes!
7. Have you ever been on tour? If so where and with who?
Atomic Kavemen is a new band so that would be a no.
8. What is your favorite band? Who are the bands who influenced you?
Morey likes experimental metal and 80s punk. George is into Rush. James likes 80s and 90s hard rock. And Todd likes Iron Maiden.
9. Do you have a website? And do I have to verify that I am 18 to enter it?
No, just social media for now.
10. What about your music do you want people to remember? What is the quality you want to hit people when they hit play?
We want to knock you down and make get right back up again! Like a resilient cave dweller, standing in the face of a nuclear blast.
11. Name a person who is integral to your band that nobody knows about , what person drives your band like they are part of the band? Who is the extra member ?
We don’t have one, but we are accepting applications!
12. Tell nerds like me tell us about your live rig and equipment.
13.What is your musical guilty pleasure that you are ashamed of?
(James) Kool and the gang.. Pretty much 70's disco.. But just too seasoned to feel guilty about much any more
14.If you could custom build a band who would be the members?
(Morey) Mike Patton already did that with Tomahawk.
15.Message to the fans? What is it?
We know you’re out there. Please, come find us!
16.If you could bring back one metal legend who would it be?
(Morey) Murray Rothbard
17. Who in the band has the stinkiest feet?
I refuse to conduct such a test.
18. What is the worst album by your favorite band?
(James) Queensryche - Anything after Mind Crime sucked.. So many bands plummet after the first couple albums... It's like a disease...
19. How do you think your band will break up?
During takeoff on our first astral tour.
20.Last but not least , Zepplin or The Who
Zeppelin. No question.
This is high impact for radio / press now!! request for interviews can be set up by emailing email@example.com as well as request for music or any other info you need.
The Bands on Metal Coffee PR are always available for print interviews as well as album reviews!
Please send your playlist or download links of your shows featuring MCPR artist for coverage.
music is available in the Metal Coffee Google Drive
If your band wants to be on Metal Coffee PR go to www.metalcoffeepr.com