NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, November 30, 2018

Acid Pussy - Grinder Interview

1. Thanks for your time- Tell us what you do for the band?

Acid Pussy consists of E – Drums/Lead Vocals, Ted - Bass/Drugs, AMA – Everything else.

E: I play the drums and say a few prayers during our songs.

T: I play Bass – and apparently grow a beard for each show.

Ama: ...everything else... sound apparently, cinematography, some photography, carry shit, but mainly I am obviously the eye candy this outfit had been so sorely lacking.

2. When did you decide you wanted to be in a band?

E: When Pastor Steve asked me to.

Ted: When our management promised free food and drinks.

Ama: how does anything happen in life? One day I woke up and I was involved with this project...

3. What is different about being a musician than you imagined?

E: It is very hard work. The creative part demands a lot of my time. Thankfully, Pastor Steve gives a guiding hand every now and again. Also, my bandmates are quite a handful! God bless them.

Ted: Finding out people don’t always use their real name when they become performers.

Ama: I always thought the coffee was gonna be better than it turned out to be...

4. What Gear do you use and why?

E: I use a Gretsch Catalina Club Rock Natural and the Lord’s blessings.

Ted: Musicman Sterling Custom made 4 String Bass, Chorus, Boss and Death Metal pedals. Shure SM57 mic, and a pack of smokes.

Ama: whatever tool is required to get the job done.

5. What music do you listen to that would surprise people?


E: Two of my favourite artistes are Stravinsky (Rite of Spring is fantastic, I get confused about my beliefs) and Righeira (No Tengo Dinero is a joyful anthem about less is more).

Ted: Acid Pussy

Ama: who is people? Don't I require more information about people to know what would surprise them? Actually, expanding on that thought, I suppose any answer is a valid answer, as anything could potentially be surprising to somebody... Can... can I start again? I... oh... no? But...

6. How do we find your Music and Merch to Buy?

E: We have Management dealing with that. She’s in The Philippines, I heard.

Ama: Hell if I know. Youtube?

Ted: One could send a Private message to our Facebook page, and see if our manager picks it up, we do have shirts and cassettes, including Walkmans for sale, but again, we are not sure if they are in Asia or Europe. If you really want some try to chase us down on the streets.

7. How did you get a record deal/Do you want one or DIY?

E: Most often deals are signed on my behalf. The only deal is with God, but not to get him to swap our places.

Ted: I have full authority to sign anything on behalf of the band, or at least, I think. Our Management don’t let us Do it for ourselves, so this one is super tricky? I was not really aware this interview would be this scientific, but the formula is: Ted - E - Ama + Beer & Pills = signed contracts: https://youtu.be/se7pSEMmcag

Ama: I don’t think I ever signed anything?

8. What bands do people compare your music to?

E: I hope Creed.

Ted: Someone once said: This is what happens if Frank Zappa makes love to Blondie (all of them) and they have a love child who basically starts making cakes, the exact smell of the second cake that child ever made is how we sound...or we sound like Creed, we do love Creed.

9. Are you on Spotify/streaming services, or do you think it hurts sales?

E: Yes, my dear bandmate Ted, God bless his soul, deals with Spotfiy. He insists it is the future of music sharing.

Ted: Due to my complicated relationship with Sweden I have chosen to just answer this question with a Spotify link to our first single “For Show”: https://open.spotify.com/album/0dq3P5u4Prx2d9w2HN1MwY

10. What is the ultimate goal for the band?

E: To open for Creed.

Ama: Mars

Ted: I was told it was supposed to be a TV show, but AMA (While producing our clips) was very firm that this resembles a Rock/Grunge band more than anything else. I was also promised we focused on important things, like getting me laid in Eastern Europe. Suddenly we had a few shows “wow” and all that was thrown out the window, now we focus on the music, the perfect so-called performance and various concepts. If you ask me, we lost our trail of what is important, but I can’t argue with management as I signed a contract (See question 7). In any case I'm not sure if I answered the question, but there it is the cold hard truth.

11. Will we see you tour?


E: Yes, next year in April we will be tackling several cities the German Federal Republic. I hope you all come to see us there.

Ted: We just came back from France, next year I have huge plans, Anyways we know for sure we will be doing Germany in April like E said, what he does not know is that we are invited to a very special 4/20 show in Hamburg with our friends: “Shice Squad”, this is a Brillant way to celebrate one of the holiest days of my religion. We are also planning a world tour, as soon as Scott Stap and Creed start touring again, we are still in touch with various medical experts to clear dear old Scott for the road.

12. Who would you love to Tour with?

E: Scott Stapp.

Ted: Im gonna say if any of the following bands are reading this, we are available to support you:

Guns N Roses, Pantera, Creed, The Wombats, Screaming Females, Portishead, Ryan Adams, Cream, and Simon & Garfunkel, the SoapGirls, Dirty Rats, and of course Flying Vincents.

13. What is your favourite song of yours and why?

E: The Right Sensation, since it tells the story about a man who has to struggle with himself in a world of temptation. Much like Adolf Hitler.

Ama: The fuck did you just say?

NOTE from Management: AP does not condone or support any Fascism or Nazism; LOVE Is their main message.

Ted: Life in Moscow – Because I get to sing like a real people and not this grungy stuff, but more like cool peoples like that singer of Finland's Symphonic Black Metallers “Bofo Kwo”. Not sure what the lead singer calls himself, but he is “off tha hook”.

14. Why should people take the time to listen to your band over thousands of other bands.

E: Our music relates to a broad spectrum of people, I believe. We have songs about inner struggle, outer peace, finding the Lord and keeping up appearances. Except Shotgun Marriage, which is written by Ted, that song I do not approve of. It depicts (carnal?) love between two human beings, no mention of the Lord at all.

Ted: Yeah dudes, I am still not sure, there were promises made, Riffs written, and some drums added. Then I listened to our live shows and recordings and I was like hrm these dudes are not bad, especially the bass player, and he is kind of hot & ugly at the same time. Well if you are anything like me you might also love it. I mean there is even a so called “Tribute Band” which covers our music regularly, they are pretty good. Look them up they are called "Kimmo Lindholm’s Crack Penis".

Ama: Because thousands of other bands are not AP! AcidPussy is not just a couple dudes who are testing their instruments, man. This is high concept stuff with influences as diverse as Camus and Miles Davis! New synergies are manufactured from both explicit and implicit meanings, dude! We are exploring the inaccuracies of our culture!

15. What are your favourite Music Websites, labels, Podcast etc.

E: I often listen to No Regrets Men’s Ministries Leadership podcasts, they refuel my energy when times are challenging, which they often are in Acid Preachy.

Ted: There is a lot but I am want to highlight the ones who supported us: The Justin Sane show, Basement tapes with Nick & Bootsy. Prim from AsiaLife Radio, Wes from Metal Cofee PR, Music Interview Magazine, Amnezia Music Management; especially Marie (The booking genious), Amsterdam Live, Patronaat, Rock Club the Cave, Virgine from Sedan Metal fest, PunkPrincess LISA, Bar Le troubadour& bar L’univers and Grinder of course.

16. Is imagery important to you? Do you judge albums by the cover?

E: Why are those grouped together, they are obviously separate questions. Imagery is very important to us. Visual imagery impregnates an idea instantly into the public’s brain. That makes them remember us and contribute to our goal of opening for Creed.

Ted: For all I care we can have an OWL on our Single/album cover. I promised management I won’t share my feelings about this, but I decided it is for the best of mankind: Album Covers where invented to get Illustrators and Photographer a way to scam bands out of monies and to be able to take naked pictures of me. It was invented out of need for imagery with music but due to a need to satisfy these Illustrators/Photographers huge EGOs. My music demands no imagery because it will prevent any person to imagine their own colors and shapes while listening to my master pieces. So yes, it is kinda a conspiracy and the Album covers are not just an innocent part of music history.

Ama: imagery is incredibly important. While I try not to judge albums by the cover, I very much enjoy if the artwork is informed by the record. If they give each other context and expand on each other’s ideas. I could spend days discovering new things in a well-crafted cover or booklet. Those are still a thing, right?

17. If you could choose a cover song your mates would hate, what would that be?

E: Mr. Bad Guy by Freddie Murphy.

Ted: Iggy Azelia & J-Lo – Big Booties

Ama: Rihanna – Diamonds or Rihanna – Man Down

18. Is the record or Live show more important.

E: I don’t want to Sophie’s choice our goal of opening for Creed.

Ted: Apparently recording the Acid Pussy album demands a whole lot of pre-work, like getting lost in the woods, try chew tobacco and master the art of waterboarding before we can start writing the album. Then we must read and write about our feelings and the aspects towards God and Satan. Well It is too much to describe but our lead singer has made his decision how this will happen, it should all play out pretty std after that. I write a bass riff and he play some drum beats, then stuff happens. It is all very productiony & a bunch of techincallitiesis but I am sure I won't have to bother until another 6 months about that. So, my answer is that any live show is the best.

Ama: you put too much focus on one, you lose out on the other. It’s about proper balance at the proper time.

19. Name 3 people dead or alive you would want to play music for.

E: Jesus.

Ted: we did play a show for only 3 people once, I want those three on our next show so I can play music for them again.

Ama: once?

20. Lemmy, Ozzy, Dio, and Rob Halford in a cage match, who wins?

E: Dio of course. The Lord will crush them.

Ted: Pretty much ME, I would win over all of yall. Peace out!

Ama: The audience




This is high impact for radio / press now!! request for interviews can be set up by emailing metalcoffefpr@gmail.com as well as request for music or any other info you need.

1 comment:

  1. This interview was epic and made me re-think my view of life, the universe and everything. It also made me moist in a not entirely uncomfortable way. Having said that, Acid Pussy rocks and will one day play support for Dirty Rats in a show of epic proportions.

    ReplyDelete