NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, August 7, 2020

THE RUMBLE interview : SELF IMPOSED EXILE

 

1.Why Bass? In short, they already had two guitarists.

 I was appraoched to play bass since I have been playing guitar for approx 10 year prior. At this point, I am pretty all about it.


 

2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?

 Probably a little of both. I think the best way to see why bass is important is find one of your favorite songs, and turn the treble all the way up, turn the bass all the way down. The difference will be noticed. But, I am pretty used to the jokes and stigma that exists behind a bass player. In fact, most of it is fuckin' hysterical.



3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why

I play a Stiletto Studio-5. I dont know what year, but I think its a late 2010s. Its Honey Satin, wood colored. I play it because its a badass bass and was a damn good deal from our local pawn shop. Neck through Body gives crazy tone and resonance. Its heavy as fuck in both weight and sound.



4.Tell us about your amplification

I run my bass through a dark glass alpha-omnicron peddle to a Behringer BVT4500H. 4X10 acoustic cab. ( I need a damn upgrade)

 

5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?

Yeah, absolutely


6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?

5 string. 


7.Who is your favorite bassist?

Dan Briggs. (between the buried and me) 

Or Geezer (Black Sabbath)


8. Who is your least favorite bassist? Any failed guitarist or wanna be musician that picks up the bass because they think its easier than guitar. And jeff.


9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass? Because its got the funk. 



10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?

 Jaco Pastoruis.


11. Bonus question


Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why 

Billy Sheehan. Dudes got some crazy techniques. I have learned a lot from him.



No comments:

Post a Comment