NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, August 13, 2020

THE METAL TIMES VOKILLS INTERVIEW : Selene Sol/Farmacy!

 


1. Please introduce yourself and tell us who you sing for.

My name is Selene Sol and I’m the vocalist of the heavy metal band Farmacy!

Good Lord Praise Jesus that girl is FINE

2. What/who made you want to sing?

My inspiration to become a singer is the influences and outlet music had for myself. I would like

to give that very same thing to others.

3. Who was the first singer you saw live that gave you chills?

Maria Brink, vocalist of In This Moment.

4. Many people say heavy music is just screaming. How would you combat that statement?

I came across folks who don’t like heavy music due to the distortion vocals. I think if these

people understood what it really takes to perform these techniques would have at least an

appreciation for it. They’re too quickly to judge due to them thinking that it really is just

“screaming” and that’s just not true!

5. If you growl or do harsh vocals, how do you keep your voice after such violent

performances?

I start the day with warming up by humming, making unorthodox sounds and lots of hydration.

Once I’m warmed up, I practice vocal rest until the performance. During performance, it helps to

have practiced good breath support and technique to not use my vocals in the wrong way. I’ve

taken lessons from Mary Zimmer of Voice Hacks. Post performance, more vocal rest! Also,

trying to use my vocals everyday helps keep me sharp.

6. Do you have a warm up routine?

I do neck stretches, tongue stretches, face stretches and start vocalizing by slowly warming up


with humming and doing scales. Then I wake up my voice by doing operatic warm ups. I also

use a cup of water and a straw if I’m needing to quickly warm up in public.

7. Do you think power or performance is more important?

Both are equally important and both would come with one or the other.

8. Who do you think gets unfair vocal praise, someone the world thinks is great but is

not/and who is great but does not get the credit?

I don’t think anyone gets unfair praise or underpraised.

9. Name your top 5 vocalists

Maria Brink

Tatiana Shmaylyuk

Amy Lee

Alissa White-Gluz

Mary Zimmer

10. Micheal Buble or Jim Gallette? Just testing your skills here.

I don’t know either. I was able to find a live performance of Micheal Buble during a hockey

game. He did an amazing job!

11. Who do you love to listen to that would surprise people?

Tech N9ne


12. If you could remove the autotune from any singer, who would it be?

Faheem Rasheed Najm AKA T-PAIN! He is a great singer without it! Loved him in the masked

singer!



No comments:

Post a Comment