NIGHTMARE TOYS

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Gary Hart / Hart&Bowes


1. Tell us your name and the band you play for?My Name is Gary Hart…but everyone calls me Rocker. Been called that way back in my schools years, it kind of stuck and that’s what everyone calls me. I have many Band Projects on the go, including, BlackSxord, Synthia and  Hart&Bowes
2. Who made you want to pick up the guitar?When I was about 11…I went into a music store with a friend and there was a guy shredding the guitar like I’ve never seen before, John Ricci from the band Exciter…from that day forward I was hooked on playing guitar.  
3. Are you self taught or did you take lessons? Yes self taught which is probably a bad thing…but back in the days, lessons were not affordable 😊
4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?My First instrument was the tuba…was forced to read music in class…but I was pretty frustrated trying to read it, So I gave up…but when I started guitar, reading tab made it much easier!
5. Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?Absolutely, and my own tone and style of playing as well…  
6. Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )I use a Jackson soloist guitars, One in Black and the other has a snakeskin look.These days I have been playing everything with a 7 stringer Ibanez Burgundy as you might see in a few pictures floating around online.  


7. What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about themMy Ibanez has Active EMG pickups…nice to have that extra little boost 😊My Jacksons and Semourducans 
8. Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etcI use a 100 watt 4 channel all tube JSM Marshall head with a 4 speaker 1960 straight cab
9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboyTo be honest here, I’m very simple. I use one pedal; the HEAVY by Empress   
10. Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..If I was going for a dream gear, again, a simple rig; I would have an Axe effects 3 with 100 watt Soldanio head and cab.  
11. What guitarist can you not stand?I love them all…everyone is unique to their own craft…just not a big fan of ego players, period.  12. Is tone more important or is technique?Well…I believe in technique for sure…some can grasp it better than others. That’s the way it is, but killer tones that some artists achieve is out of this world! The 7-8 stringer these days sure add to the excitement. 

13. Name your top 5 guitaristVery difficult question here, too many great players…but the first and far most for me George Lynch: He’s my guitar hero. I met him a few years back and talk about a down to earth guy! This man sets the example of attitude of awesomeness. Andy James – Ridiculously amazing guitar player!John Ricci – Thanks for getting me into Guitars brotha! Eddie Van Halen – Unreal Talent the man that started a lot of revolutionary techniques Angus Young – You don’t need to be a speed demon to write good catchy songs!  14. Who is the most overrated guitaristI normally don’t get into these debates…everyone has their own style and playing techniques…people play better then others…that just the way it is. If you don’t like what someone is doing…that’s ok too…million other players out there. 
15. Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?George Lynch -  hands down.The man is unbelievably incredible in technique, style and tone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment