NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, August 16, 2020

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Adam Wade./Malicious Inc.

1.Tell us your name and the band you play for…


Malicious Inc.

Melodi.

Adam Wade.



Also I do Session Work.


2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar ?


I think it was Slash in the Sweet Child O’ Mine music video on Kerrang, I just saw that and went, yep I wanna do that. My family are all creative and musical. My mum plays and teaches piano/keyboard, but I wanted to go down the guitar route.


3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?


I took lessons, starting classically, moving onto acoustic, then eventually electric. After a while I began teaching myself and moving in my own direction to play the music I ultimately wanted to.


4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

I can read both notation and tabs.


5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?

I think that I do, I would definitely say I have signature sounds that people know are me, maybe not an overall tone as a whole.

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )


My father hand makes my guitars for me under the brand ‘Studio 34 Guitars’ I have 4 in total of these, but the 2 I use are both 22 fret single cut (Les Paul) shapes. They are Mahogany body with a Flame Maple Top, Maple Neck and Rosewood Fingerboards. They have Bolt On necks, custom fretboard inlays (the red has hearts and the blue has teardrops) and they have names engraved on the bodies as well as my name on the Truss Rod Covers. The red one is called ‘The Heartbreaker’ and the blue one is called ‘Lacrimae Mundi’ (Latin for ‘Tears of The World’)


7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them


Passive all the way. DiMarzio Liquifire in the neck of both guitars and DiMarzio Illuminator in the bridge for both. Both have covers on as well.


8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc


Mesa Boogie Mark V 90 Watt Head is my main amp through a Mesa Boogie rectifier 4x12 Straight Cab. I also have a Mesa Boogie Rectoverb 25 Watt and a 1x12 Rectifier Straight Cab.


9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy…


Its controlled by the Gig Rig G2 switching system. It’s got both the Strymon Timeline and Bigsky as well as the Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl operating out the loop. Out the front it has Marshall compressors, echos and choruses as well as a Boss Octaver and Vox Phaser from the late 70s. Before the signal chain controlled by the G2 it has a dunlop Petrucci Wah and a Mesa Boogie Tone Burst and on the other end after the chain it has a Dunlop High Gain Volume Pedal. It all runs through a Line 6 G50 Wireless Unit.


10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…


It’s the rig I’ve got now, I Spent 15 odd years building it up and haven’t changed it since. It suits all styles of music which is so important as a session guy outside of my main bands.


11.What guitarist can you not stand ?


Dimebag Daryl - Over-Rated, and a vile guitar tone, in my honest opinion.


12. Is tone more important or is technique?


Tone is more important I believe. Your tone is the sonic partner to the way you feel and play directly onto the guitar, so without a tone you like, or a tone that helps amplify that feel, you never get the full picture.


13. Name your top 5 guitarist

Ritchie Blackmore


John Petrucci


Andy Timmons


Rickey Medlocke


Richie Kotzen


14.Who is the most overrated guitarist ?


Again, Dimebag Daryl.


15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive ?


Petrucci or Timmons hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment