NIGHTMARE TOYS

Saturday, January 11, 2020

THE AXEMEN GUITAR SERIES : JEFF WESTLAKE / HYDROGEN

I use Gibson Les Pauls, Dean V’s and Washburn signature series guitar. I have a selection that includes Taylor, Fender, Boulder, Warwick , Epiphone and Martin . 
My favorite Les Paul is a 72 sunburst. My favorite Dean V is a Michael Schenker edition. My Washburn is unique and a deep reddish color with everything specific to Hydrogyn. One of a kind



7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them


 

My pickups are all standard. No EMG’s. I play Seymour Duncan pretty much exclusively . I do have a Les Paul that has Dirty Fingers pick ups. They are bad ass and give a unique tone that is perfect for the right music . Most of my guitars have the SD pearly gates but I have one with a pair of modified SD pick ups that rock . 



8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc


I love Randall RM100m heads. Groove House GL6 tubes. This head allows you to models three different inputs in it with pre amps do you can model 3 different sounds in one amp. I am currently using the Kemper profiler . I find it bad ass and convenient as hell. I use it with a crown amp for power. I use a series of 4-12 cabinets with anniversary series Celestion G 12 m greenbacks that are 25 watt 8 ohm speakers . 


9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy


 
My pedal board is alive but I rarely use it. I keep a wah pedal on stage but the rest of my effects are ran from side stage by my tech or FOH 
 BY the sound man. Those effects range from delay to tremolo and octavor harmonizer and some chorus. 

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..


I don’t have one really. I like volume and the brutality of a great guitar with big strings going direct into the amp . I can never understand why people want to put a bunch of crap between them and the amp. I have a Les Paul with a ton of amplification and that I guess is my dream rig and I love having it. 

11.What guitarist can you not stand?


I don’t know that there is one. Everyone has their own qualities so to each there own. There are players I like less than others but that’s just per my taste . Everyone has what they like and I respect that. But, I do have my own faves. 

I12. Is tone more important or is technique?


 
I’m not a guitar fanatic. I love the instrument obviously but I did not start playing to get people to go OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT..... I’m more interested in the song . Does the song win? If it doesn’t, I don’t care how great you play you and the song are going to lose. Do I like to listen to great playing? Absolutely I do but, if the player is playing to hear them self and not for the song I’m out. I could give 2 shits about that players agenda. Now I love tone and technique is important. Your technique better be an important part of your tone. Bad technique, bad tone in most cases. So I like both as long as it all equals a good ending. 


13. Name your top 5 guitarist


Dave Meniketti, Tony Iommi, Tracy G, Michael Schenker and Doug Aldrich 

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist


It depends on what your relating it too. That question is very broad . 3 off the top of my head is Clapton, Malmsteen and Hendrix. 

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?


No lessons . I would love an hour with Ronnie. Mr Dio is highly missed

No comments:

Post a Comment