NIGHTMARE TOYS

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Devour Once Dead THE DEEP bass interview

Devour Once Dead bass interview

1.Why Bass?

I didn’t find bass. The bass found me, I was given the opportunity to fill the bass position by Devour. I jumped at the chance being a long time Devour fan, I've played guitar since I was 16 so it wasn’t that difficult to pick it up.
  



2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?

I don’t believe bass gets little credit. Each instrument is different. Each instrument stands out.





3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why

Black LTD 5 String F 105.



4.Tell us about your amplification

SWR Working Pro 700 AMP Hartke Cabs

 
 

5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?

Of course tone is important. All depending on the genre of music and what suits the players needs.





6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?

5 string. For the type of music we play it just feels and sounds correct.



7.Who is your favorite bassist?

Les Claypool! The guy is amazing in so many ways. He can do anything, beside the fact that the man designs his own bass. A legend for sure.



8. Who is your least favorite bassist?

Me! I'm always striving to be a better bass player and with that comes a lot of frustration when I'm experiencing a block or not performing to my liking.



9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?

I honestly cant answer that. But there are many outstanding female bass players out there.



10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?

Les Claypool 100%



11. Bonus question

Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why?
  


I keep coming back to Les Claypool. I just seen my 2nd Primus show and was absolutely blown away. He's doing things no one else is or has the capacity to pull it off. The dude is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment