NIGHTMARE TOYS

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

THE AXEMEN SERIES GUITAR INTERVIEW : Scott Pitts / Fate Hates Me


1.Tell us your name and the band you play for? 

Scott Pitts. Fate Hates Me 



2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar? 
  

 No one specifically. I was deployed to Iraq in 2009 with the Army and had always wanted to learn to play. So I began to teach myself to kill time and just stuck with it.


3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?

 Self taught but I have had the pleasure and opportunity to jam with some very talented artists which helped to pick up on a lot of different styles and techniques.
.

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab? 

Yes, I can read both

.

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?

 I like to think so. I spent a lot of time with my pedal combinations and settings and amp settings to develop my "sound"

  

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color ) 

My most played guitar is a black 2018 PRS Mark Tremonti SE



7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? 

 
Tell us about them.
Right now I am using passive pickups. The PRS Tremonti "S" pickups. They have a bright clean tone and can still get that "crunch" when needed.


8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc

I have been using a modified Fender HotRod DeVille. It has been rewired for a little more umph! The speakers have also been changed to the Celestion Yellows.


9.Do you have a pedal board? 

Tell us about that badboy
Absolutely, my pedals are what makes up a lot of my "signature" sound. I don't run a head on my amp but instead rely on my pedals even if just using some as filters. My most used pedals are a Boss distortion, MTX Carbon Copy Delay, MTX Black Label Chorus, a Dunlop mini wah and a Boss compression pedal. 
10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..  Shit! Where to start...haha.  I really guess The PRS Archon 2x12 amp and 50w PRS Archon Head to match it...A big fan of PRS if you guys haven't noticed.

11.What guitarist can you not stand?

 Honestly I can't think of any guitarist I just can't stand. If I had to say anything it would be I can't stand Johnny Depp playing guitar lol.

I12. Is tone more important or is technique?

 
 I would say they are equally important. To me it's very important to have the right tone for the type of music you are playing but also the techniques for that type of music. For instance if you play blues you definitely need a bluesy tone but also the techniques used heavily in blues like bending, double stops, knowledge of major and minor pentatonic scales, etc. Whereas if you play metal you would want more of that crunchy, make you want to headbang tone lol and techniques such as sweep picking, speed picking and artificial and pinch harmonics to name a few. 


13. Name your top 5 guitarist. I suppose in order would be 
1. Mark Tremonti 
2. Slash
3. Michael Paget
4. Zach Myers
5. Jimmy Page 

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist. 

 Hmmm. That's a question that puts you on the spot lol. I don't really see anyone being overrated. If a guitarist is out there doing his thing, people enjoy it and having fun doing so then there's no such thing as overrated.

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?
   

Without hesitation, Mark Tremonti. He is one of my biggest influences and idols when it comes to guitar. I can't even imagine the things I would learn in just 1 hour with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment