NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, January 31, 2019

SEASON OF GHOST SAYS FLEETWOOD MAC DUDE

1. Please tell us about the about the band and its members.
Hi! This is Sophia from the UK-based band, Season of Ghosts! SoG started as a solo project, but slowly evolved into a band. Zombie Sam plays the guitar and Max Buell plays drums. We have a horde of cats helping with music production too!


2. Who does the majority of the writing? Is it a group thing or does someone handle the writing duties?

It’s me and Sam that do everything. We compose together, I decided the style, theme, atmosphere, lyrics, concept, everything and Sam can bring everything to life as he’s very good with music software and graphic design.


3. Where is the band based out of ? Where did you want to the band to end up? What was the dream city to have as your home base once you got out of your scene?

We’re based in London, UK. Season of Ghosts was created and started out in Japan, though, so I consider it a UK/Japan project. Haven’t really thought of a dream city, to be honest.


4. What is your genre? What bands do you use to explain  to people what you sound like?


Both of these questions are really hard to answer and I can’t really explain it to people when they ask. We sound like a mix of Japanese-American and European loud rock and metal, with a ton of cinematic influences and lots of J-pop culture influences. Many people insist our music would serve as a great anime opening theme, which is an honour, as I love anime.


 5. Can we buy anything from you Cd's shirts etc and where can we buy them?


Yes! Digitally you can buy and stream everywhere, Apple Music, iTunes, Spotify etc and for those love to get their hands on actual CDs, like me, we have physical copies on sale at seasonofghosts.com/shop, shipping worldwide! We also sell merchandise, signed posters and other cool stuff.


6. Do you have studio time lined up anything new coming soon?
 

The coolest things coming up right now is rehearsals for our upcoming spring tour!


7. Have you ever been on tour? If so where and with who?
 

We’ve been to the US and Europe and this year we want to even further!


8. What is your favorite band? Who are the bands who influenced you?


The Smashing Pumpkins, Anathema, Malice Mizer are some of my favourites. Billy Corgan influenced me a lot as a teenager I think, he’s a very controversial and impactful person.


9. Do you have a website? And do I have to verify that I am 18 to enter it?


Hahah, nope! Our website is innocent and friendly for every age! It’s seasonofghosts.com by the way


10. What about your music do you want people to remember? What is the quality you want to hit people when they hit play?

I compose music with the intent to leave a lasting effect. I’m anti-fast fashion and fast art. I like creating art slowly and carefully, mindfully. I want to create songs that improve my audience’s life, even just a little bit, with soulful music and thoughtful lyrics. Not recommended for those seeking cheap thrills and fast entertainment, we’re old- school!


11. Name a person who is integral to your band that nobody knows about , what person drives your band like they are part of the band? Who is the extra member ?


Cats. They’re a huge motivator and they help with the whole process. For example my beloved Dictator Linda, who recently passed away after 18 years of wonderful life together, helped us package all the pre-orders for the Leap of Faith campaign, our new album.


12. Tell nerds like me tell us about your live rig and equipment.
 

I’m in LOVE with my stage equipment! I use a custom SHURE wireless mic and also custom Sennheiser ear monitors. I collaborate with them exclusively and I was thrilled they customized them for me. Sam on the other hand collaborates with ESP guitar and he’s become an ESP devotee since, while Max works with UFIP!


13.What is your musical guilty pleasure that you are ashamed of?
 

I’m ashamed of nothing! I love Japanese boy bands!


14.If you could custom build a band who would be the members?
 

Never thought about that


15.Message to the fans? What is it?


No matter what you’ve been through, you are not your pain. Live your life from a place of more love and less fear every day, the past doesn’t define you. That’s also the message of the new album, A Leap of Faith.


16.If you could bring back one metal legend who would it be?
 

Hmmm


17. Who in the band has the stinkiest feet?
 

Ew? I’d never tolerate poor personal hygiene! Everyone has to smell of soap, flowers and pink cakes! Thankfully Sam agrees or we wouldn’t be family today.


18. What is the worst album by your favorite band?
 

Many and usually it’s the newer albums, when the band loses sight of their mission and they just release because they have to.


19. How do you think your band will break up?
 

When I have no more stories to tell, or when we get tired of performing I think.


20.Last but not least , Zepplin or The Who

Fleetwood Mac

HP: http://seasonofghosts.com/
TW: http://twitter.com/sophia_sog
FB: http://www.facebook.com/seasonofghosts
IG: http://instagram.com/seasonofghosts


 

No comments:

Post a Comment