Hi,we are in the city of Chernivtsi, northern Bukovina, this is in the west of Ukraine. Our places are famous for ancient legends about Carpathian mountains, witches, sorcerers, etc.
We started ten years ago and since that time our musicians have changed. Today, our members are: Pavel (Kadaamp) – guitar/vocals, Yaroslav (Basher) – guitar, Alexander (Heretic) – bass and Arthur – drums, the most young member of Cryogenic Implosion.
2. When did you decide you wanted to be in a band?
I always liked hard music, as a child they were rock bands, then heavy metal, black metal, death metal & brutal death. I later became interested in the guitar, then played in some metal projects. Now Cryogenic Implosion is for me the main metal band.
3. What is different about being a musician than you imagined?
It's not so easy to be a musician and create music that other people like. In fact, this is more responsibility and you need to be prepared for what some will say - man, what kind of shit you play, stop doing it, grow up and be like everyone else! ))
4. What gear do you use and why?
I use tube head Peavey 6505+ and Engl preamp E530. I Like this sound and it has been tested on live shows for years. My main guitar is Washburn HM 5V 1985 with active humbucker SD Blackouts. This is my basic set of equipment.
5. What music do you listen to that would surprise people?
OK, I do not listen to music to surprise people)), I listen to music and enjoy. It can be different music from classical to electronic music. But mostly it's heavy music, I like this fucking metal, I became addicted to it))
6. How do we find your music and merch to buy?
Our music and merch can be found through the label on which we are signed - this is the Metal Scrap Records. Soon we will launch a new design, which will be available on either the label or the band itself.
7. How did you get a record deal? Or do you want a record deal or are you DIY?
We sent our promo to several labels, and as a result, was selected on Metal Scrap Records, this is a great office and very nice people who do their job 100%.
We are very pleased to cooperate with them.
8. What bands do people compare your music to?
It is difficult for us to answer this question, how many people have so many opinions, but we are focused more on the American school of death metal, technical and atmospheric death metal…as you wish.
9. Are you pro Spotify / streaming services ? Or do you think it hurts sales?
No, we personally do not work, but our label does it as far as I know.
10. What’s the ultimate goal for the band?
Well, grow as a group, leave a mark on the history of heavy metal, try to create something original, maybe in the future someone will be a little inspired by our work))
11. Will we see you tour?
Maybe, but now we want to start recording a new album, and only then it will be possible to plan a tour in support of it.
12. Who would you love to tour with?
I don't even know a dude, we are always very happy to meet new people with good interest bands. Besides, we are very communicative band!))
13. What is your favorite song of yours and why?
All the songs from the new material are more mature and I like more. As well as tracks like: Process of Imagination, Die & Fall.
14. Why should people take the time to listen to your band over the thousands of other bands?
Because we try not to copy someone's music, but to create our own, to give it our own atmosphere.
15. What are your favorite music websites labels podcast etc?
Yes of course, Earache, Metal Blade, Relapse Records, Podcasts: Metal Injection Podcasts, The MetalSucks Podcast, Metal Blade Records Podcasts
16. Is imagery important to you? Do you judge albums by the cover?
Yes, of course, it is important for us. The cover more accurately conveys the atmosphere of the music, gives the music a certain meaning.
17. If you could choose a cover song your band mates would hate what would it be?
Most likely they would crucify me for songs - The cure, Guns n Roses, Cinderella, maybe Marilyn Manson etc. )))))))
18. Is the record or live show more important?
Recording and concert - everything is important to develop as a group. Playing live is cool dude, it's a cool boost of energy and communication with the Fun !!!
19. Name 3 people dead or alive you would want to play your music for.
Hmm, I find it difficult to answer this question, I do not have such people, I am ready to play for everyone ....
20. Lemmy Ozzy Dio and Rob Halford in a cage match who wins?
Haha, I think they will break the cage and conquer the world !!! Although they did!
17/12/2018_ Pavel (Kadaamp) guitar
Cryogenic Implosion band