NIGHTMARE TOYS

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

THE DEEP END SERIES : Jamison Nes of Maxdmyz






Jamison Nes of Maxdmyz


1.Why Bass?
I started on drums but the parents wouldn’t invest in a whole kit so I grabbed the next best rhythmic instrument I could find..


2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?
It occupies a frequency that is less obvious to the average music consumer, more a lack of just listening to the dynamics of music. A lot of people really get it- it’s just not that frequency that is in your face, it’s in your rib cage!


 

3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why :
Musicman Stingray-sunburst five string. Musicman in my opinion are the best made basses in the world, their tone is exactly what I love and the build is one step beyond a Fender (which I also love). Their tone is unmatched and unrivalled in the bass world and very distinctive. They have always been a natural fit for me but I have also tried and owned many other basses as a gear head, such as Gibson T Birds, Vigier passion, Ibanez, Hohner, Peavey and Sandberg VM5.


4.Tell us about your amplification
 – Darkglass Microtubes 900. The tones this reproduces is amazing, without distortion it replicates a SVT pretty well and with distortion its one of the few overdrive effects that has not reduced the bass signal. It has balls across the board and clean punch. It is very light weight and has redefined bass heads in my opinion, I sold my ampeg SVT tube head as carrying all that weight no longer made sense.
   


5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?
 It’s an absolute must, a shitty tone detracts from the foundation from which all other instruments rely upon. It provides depth and groove, if it’s not occupying the correct frequency with a tone that accentuates the song, it will ultimately detract from everyone’s efforts.


  6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?
 
They are both fine. I grew up on 4 strings and am much more natural playing them, but this last year and a half adopted a five string for my current band and am not sure I could go back! It really has opened up my eyes to new sonic frequencies, improved my ear and as long as the neck is not to wide, such as the Stingray, I would prefer a five now.


7.Who is your favorite bassist?
Probably Flea for listening pleasure, but am more influenced by Geezer Butler, Jimmy Bain, Cliff Burton and Ben Shepherd.


8. Who is your least favorite bassist?
Fieldy of Korn.


 
9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?
No idea really, are they? I have only met one or two. I can’t imagine gender has anything to do with it.

10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?
Cliff Burton.

11. Bonus question
Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why

Probably Bobby, Poison was all about image and having fun not really a band of top notch musicians, but what they did they did well if you have ever seen them live at the height of their success.

http://imperativepr.co.uk/management-maxdmyz.html
https://maxdmyz.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/maxdmyz


 WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment