NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, November 24, 2019

The Deep End Series ; Burdizzo






1.Why Bass?


I originally learned how to play a bass instrument in high school concert band. I love adding to the groove of the song.


2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?


Just unfair. There are a lot of talented bassists that really shine when you see what they can do!
   
3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why


Ibanez SR670. It's got a really fast neck and a beastly output.


4.Tell us about your amplification


I am currently using a Mesa M6 Carbine bass head through 6x10s and a 1x18. My drive is coming from the SourceAudio Aftershock bass distortion pedal.


5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?


Of course! Your tone is what distinguishes you in the band and from other bassists. It is necessary for blending and creating a unique sound with the rest of the instruments.
.
6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?


For me, I prefer 4. It was learning Rush songs that made me realize I don't necessarily need that fifth string to create the emotion I'm looking for.


7.Who is your favorite bassist?


Sean Beasley of Dying Fetus


8. Who is your least favorite bassist?


The one that doesn't play with the rhythm!


9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?


I didn't know that was a thing! I think that anyone who is attracted to rhythm and groove would be attracted to playing bass.


10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?


It would be pretty cool to learn from someone like Steve Di Giorigo.


11. Bonus question
Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why


Probably Nikki Sixx

www.themetalmoose.com

No comments:

Post a Comment