NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, November 22, 2019

THE AXEWOMAN : Tara Lynch







Tara Lynch - 

1.Tell us your name and the band you play for

TARA LYNCH and my band is “TARA LYNCH”…I’m a solo artist

2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar

Tony Iommi

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?

Self taught.

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

No, I cannot read music and I’m too ADHD to follow a tab.  I play by ear.

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?

  
Absolutely, yes.  Because I’m self-taught, I play so fucking weirdly it’s impossible to sound like anyone else. haha

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )

Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special (customized) – my main go-to is white for live shows, my blue one for a backup, but I record with a purple one that used to belong to my friend Vinnie Moore.

7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them

Passive.  I use DiMarzio pickups….an Air Norton S in the neck, a DiMarzio Fast Track 1 in the middle and an Air Zone Humbucker in the bridge.

8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc

For recording I use a modified (by Jens Kruze) Diezel for my leads, a Friedman (Steve Stevens model) and a beautiful vintage Marshall plexi (thanks Brent Woods) for rhythms.  For live shows, I use a Fractal with all my recording amp settings baked in and I drive it with a Marshall DSL2000 head and a couple of Marshall 4x12’s.

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy

  
It’s a footswitch that drives the Fractal with my rhythm, lead and octaver settings. Very simple, very organic.

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..

Just did.  I’m using it.

11.What guitarist can you not stand?

I can not stand this question, NEXT….

I12. Is tone more important or is technique?

Both are equally important.  You can have a great tone, but if your technique is bad, it’ll never agree with you sonically.  You can have great technique, but if the tone is bad, it’s impossible to appreciate as well.

13. Name your top 5 guitarist

not in any particular order….
Michael Schenker
Vinnie Moore
Uli Jon Roth
Tony MacAlpine
Steve Vai

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist

 
No such thing.  Everyone has their own verve and place in this world. However, I think one of the most UNDERRATED guitarists is Andy Larocque.  That guy is phenomenal.

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?

Jimmy Page – alive
Jimi Hendrix – dead

There’s just something about those Jim’s…. 

 

 Massive thanks to Tara Lynch who took the time to do this while on tour, for an unknown blog. THAT is HUMBLE you rock maam !

No comments:

Post a Comment