NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, November 28, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Steven Thomas Sophocles Theodoru / Burdizzo.













1.Tell us your name and the band you play for

I am Steven Thomas Sophocles Theodoru and I play guitar for Burdizzo.
 


2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar?

My Dad showed me heavy metal growing up and I just wanted to play like that…. And then more extreme.

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?

I took lessons when I was 8 years old until I turned 18. I went to one small music store in Scarborough, ON. that offered lessons. After, I ended up going to a school called Lippert Music Academy after regular school, until I graduated.

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

I can read basic, but usually I read tab.

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?

I try to be spastic technical grindcore I guess.

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )

I have an Ibanez RG7 Sapphire (through neck)

 
7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them

I have active pick ups EMG

8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc

Well, at home I practice with a 75 watt Line 6 Spyder III. However, live I use 4x12 Hughs & Kettner Cabinet with a 333 Jet City head by Sildano.

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy

I use an old Isometric pedal for noise suppression and I have a few pedals but right now I am using a Metal Core pedal. I scratched the Metal part out and wrote GRIND 😛

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier

11.What guitarist can you not stand?

****See Andrew’s Answer****

12. Is tone more important or is technique?

Both to be honest

13. Name your top 5 guitarist

  
Pat O’Brien (Cannibal Corpse, Ex-Nevermore)
Jesse Pintado (RIP – Ex -Napalm Death, Ex-Terrorizer)
Paul Ryan (Origin)
John Gallager (Dying Fetus)
Angelos Hatziandreou (Autophagia)

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist

Zack Wylde, but he’s awesome! *pinch harmonic*

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?

Honestly, Oluwatosin Ayoyinka Olumide "Tosin" Abasi (Animals As Leaders)









WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment