NIGHTMARE TOYS

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

THE AXEMEN : ANDY / TRASONIST JIM BEAM AND BURRITO'S I love this guy!








TREASONIST BIO:
It was 2018 when the four musicians who would form Treasonist first decided to converge and create the most punishing musical conglomerate possible. From the dark heart of the Pacific Northwest, Treasonist was born, a band that combines the raw, visceral punch of grindcore with death metal's precision and technicality. The brainchild of both vocalist Pete Ponitkoff of 1990's powerviolence stalwarts Benumb, and ex-Jungle Rot skinsman Jason Borton, Treasonist's lineup was rounded out with the addition of 1913 shredder Andrew Goodman and bassist Brian Rush, previously of Blood Freak. The band promptly cut their Demonstration MMXVIII, which was mixed and mastered at Audiosiege Studios (Obituary, Pig Destroyer, Windhand) in Portland Oregon. Demonstration MMXVIII garnered the attention of Relapse's Mike Juliano, who released it via his Horror Pain Gore Death label. Shows with Enemy Soil, Antigama, Cognizant and Violent Opposition immediately followed the Demo's release before Ponitkoff announced his departure to focus on family. Realizing that Ponitkoff's unique and ferocious approach to vocals would be a difficult act to follow, Treasonist enlisted former Beyond The Red Horizon frontman Nathan Mote to fill the vocal position, and in doing so brought a whole new level of brutality to the proceedings. Early 2019 saw the addition of second guitarist Alex Johnson, previously in Reno, Nevada tech-death outfit Enslave The Creation, and writing soon began for Mechanical Perdition, a split with Nebraska grindcore maniacs Y-Incision slated for release in November. Mechanical Perdition adds an entirely new dimension of brutality to Treasonist's sound, seamlessly melding the raw heaviness of grindcore forebears Terrorizer and Napalm Death with the clinical technicality of Pig Destroyer and Misery Index. With Mechanical Perdition, Treasonist have managed to channel the greats of death metal and grindcore into an amalgamation of brutal heaviness.
facebook.com/treasonistgrind
treasonistgrind.bandcamp.com


Nathan Mote - Vocals


Andrew Goodman - Guitars
Alex Johnson - Guitars
Brian Rush - Bass/Vocals
Jason "The Machine" Borton - Drums




1.Tell us your name and the band you play for I’m Andy and I play for Treasonist.

2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar I always just wanted to make heavy, distorted noise so it wasn’t anyone in particular.

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons? I had a subscription to Guitar World back in the day. That’s about it.


4. Can you read music, Can you read tab? I play grindcore. 


Take a guess.


5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?


 Yeah, but it’s constantly evolving. 


6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color ) 


I have a 1997 Jackson DKMG. It’s black. 


7.What about pickups? Passive or active ?


 Tell us about them I have active pickups in my Jackson; EMG 81 & 85. I go back and forth between passive and active pickups.  My favorite pickup is probably the Dimarzio D-activator. I would be running that, but the guitar it’s in is currently out of commission. 

8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc 


I run a Peavey 6505+ through a Randall cab that I bought for $50. Like I said, my sound is always in progress. 

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy 


Nah.

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail….. 


Boss HM2 through my Peavey and a Vader Cab with a rack BBE sonic maximizer and maybe a noise-gate. I wouldn’t turn down and ENGL Powerball either…

11.What guitarist can you not stand? 


Jason Suecof. Wait… What was the question?

I12. Is tone more important or is technique?


 Tone above all. 


13. Name your top 5 guitarist In no order: 

Scott Hull,
 the Misery Index guys, 
the Nasum guy,
Cooper Bell.

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist 


 I’ll keep the negative thoughts to myself, buried deep under a pile of burritos and Jim Beam.  


15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive? 


Taking a lesson might mess up my vibe and teach me something useful. No thanks

ClawHammer PR
 

No comments:

Post a Comment