NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, November 24, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Andrew / Burdizzo.

1.Tell us your name and the band you play for

My name is Andrew, I play guitar for Burdizzo.   

2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar
I can’t really nail it down to one person. My parents decided that I had to learn how to play an instrument, and for some reason my mind immediately went to guitar!

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?
I took lessons for about 10 years on and off.

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?


Both, although my music reading is a bit rusty since guitar tabs are more prolific and much easier.

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?


Yes, but not in a way where I have shaped and honed it over the years. My sound and tone comes from whatever equipment I have available and whatever fits overall with a band’s sound. Some of my sound comes from technique and playing style, but the rest is very much shaped by the sound and tone of the other members of the band.

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )


2003 Ibanez RG1620x in galaxy black.


7.What about pickups? Passive or active ?

Tell us about them

LR Baggs active pickups with a piezo component. The piezo piece broke very early on so are never used in my playing (frankly an acoustic guitar with a pickup sounds better for that style anyways).


8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc

  

Marshall DSL 100H being played with whatever cab is available to me at the time.

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy
No pedal board but I play through a Boss EQ 200 running through the effects loop.

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..


Honestly I wouldn’t change much about my current setup. I’d love some more options for distortion pedals and chorus to really let some of my leads cut through. My DSL 100H has a surprisingly gritty tone when pushed through an EQ at higher gain. I would love to have a Marshall 1960A. I’m also a sucker for that buzz saw HM-2 distortion pedal.

11.What guitarist can you not stand?


The guy in university with an acoustic guitar who can only play Wonderwall or Santeria.
 

12. Is tone more important or is technique?
Technique. If it sounds sloppy or bad playing through the clean channel it’s going to sound like mud through your effects.

13. Name your top 5 guitarist
In no particular order:

Steve Vai
Luc Lemay
Jeff Loomis
Wes Montgomery
Mark Knopfler

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist
Zakk Wylde

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?
Wes Montgomery. His improvisation skills and technique are really incredible and unique, and he can play some pretty insane syncopated rhythms at well over 200BPM


 WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment