NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, November 24, 2019

THE BATTERY SERIES : Frid / Burdizzo.

1.What is your name and what band do you play for? 

My name is Frid and I play drums in Burdizzo.

2.Who made you want to play drums and why?


I've been obsessed with music my entire life. I've always wanted to be a musician. However, in 1988, the first time I heard “One" by Metallica, I knew I wanted to be a drummer. At the time, I had never heard anything quite like it. The drumming really stood out for me, especially the double bass part.

3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…


As a kid and young teen, I banged on pots and pans, chairs and whatever I had. My family didn't have a lot of money and drums are expensive. When I turned 18 I bought myself a 5pc Sonor kit from a local drum shop. They offered payment plans and I had a job so it worked out.

4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?

 
My mom has always been supportive of me pursuing music and anything artistic. My dad was more of a traditional south Asian dad. When he came home from work, that meant practice time was over!

He woulda preferred if I pursued a career as a doctor or lawyer or something like that.

5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?


SLAYER – Seasons In The Abyss. Dave Lombardo is on fire here.

6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.


 

I currently play a Tama Maple Hyperdrive kit. 22” kick, 10” and 12” mounted toms, 16” floor tom, and a Joey Jordison signature snare. My pedals are Tama Speed Cobra. For cymbals, my hi hat is a Zildjian A custom top with mastersound bottom. Tama Iron Cobra hi hat stand. On my left I have a 18” Paiste China, in front I have a Sabian 18” AAX dark crash, Sabian 19” X-PLOSION crash, 8” Zildjian A Custom splash, my ride is a 20” Sabian Vault dark ride, and finally, on my right is a 18” Wuhan China.
I use the Roland TM-2 trigger module with triggers on my bass drum and snare.
I like using Vater 7A sticks with nylon tip.
 


7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL


Honestly, pretty much what I have but with a 2nd bass drum!

8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy
Dave Lombardo
Mario Duplantier
Flo Mounier
Danny Schuler
Mick Harris

9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?


Live. I love performing.

10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist?




Yeah right!!


WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment