NIGHTMARE TOYS

Saturday, November 23, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Jake Hoopes from The Age of Ore



1. Tell us your name and the band you play for


Jake Hoopes from The Age of Ore

2. Who made you want to pick up the guitar


My dad plays a little guitar and seeing him play made me want to start playing
 


3. Are you self-taught or did you take lessons?


I took lessons from Frank Kozak for years as well as Zach LoPresti

4. Can you read music, can you read tab?


I can’t read music, but I can read tab.

5. Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone?


Yes, a high gain, stoner metal, high mid and bass, medium treble

6. Tell us about your guitar (brand, model, year, color)


1. Sterling Music Man Majesty, 2018 – color, artic dream
2. Jackson Js32 Dinky, late 1980’s – color, dark blue with silver oil dip


3. Ibanez Ar420 2014 – color violin sunburst


4. I am also building my own guitar

7. What about pickups? Passive or active? 

Tell us about them
1. The sterling has active DiMarzio D activator 12db push-push pick ups
2. The Jackson has Bill Lawrence L500XL passive pickups
3. The Ibanez has EMG Super 58 passive pickups
  


8. Let’s get into amplification, Same drill brand, model, speakers etc.


Alto TS315 2000-watt 15-inch powered loudspeaker. It is not an amp, but I run through an amp modeler.

9. Do you have a pedal board? 


Tell us about that badboy
I have a line 6 Helix, and MXR talk box and a DigiTech drop pedal

10. Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…


I pretty much have my dream rig because the Helix has hundreds of amp models and effects.

11. What guitarist can you not stand?


I’m not the biggest fan of Zakk Wylde

12. Is tone more important or is technique?


Technique because you an have the best tone, but if you don’t play well, tone doesn’t matter. Tone is also subject to opinion.
  


13. Name your top 5 guitarist
1. Adam Jones, Tool
2. John Petrucci, Dream Theater
3. Adrian Smith, Iron Maiden
4. Jerry Cantrell, Alice in Chains
5. Marty Friedman, Megadeth

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist
Keith Richards

15.Who would you like a one-hour private sit-down lessons with anyone dead or alive?


Adam Jones of Tool because his technique is so off the wall and his style is really unique.


 WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment