NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Verwulf Tyrant SPEAKS





1.What is the name of your band and how did you come up with it?  What is your name in the band and what do you do for the band?

This project is called Verwulf Tyrant, I decided on that name and drew the logo in 2003, Prior to that we were called Archaic Atavism.  I do not use pseudonyms I use my Birth name, Sean Tahtinen because I have nothing to hide.  I AM THE VERWULF TYRANT,  while i have worked with other musicians,  I am the only official member of this band.  On ...from the shadows... I am playing drums and doing vocals and its recorded live with the guitars being played by a guy from vampiric black metal band NOSGOROTH.  The songs on ...tabernacle ablaze... were recorded with members of MAAX and Archaic Atavism.  Those were supposed to be scratch tracks but 7 years later im deciding to release it because the climate in the extreme metal community requires dissemination.

2. tell us where you are located and describe your scene.  Tell us how your location influenced your sound.

I am currently located on a permaculture farm in western Idaho raising goats and body building, however these recordings were first begun in Muncie Indiana, and remixed for "BLACK SATANIC METAL" in Marcola Oregon winter 2018-19.  Im not sure if there is a "scene" for my type of music in indiana, we played one show ever, at 111 arts Gallery, a tattoo shop in downtown Muncie Indiana, but to be honest my "scene" is hiking, fishing, hunting, etc.  I dont give a fuck about pleasing people or playing shows for the public.   The way my location influenced the sound was by being a shitty place where the most exciting thing you can do is get drunk and get in a fight.  Consequently i was arrested more than 20 times in my 20s and early 30s,  I would say Prison had more influence on my sound and ideology than did Indianas lackluster "scene".


3. Who influences your sound that would surprise people? 

Charles Manson.   Clint Eastwood.  Hank Williams.


4. Are you endorsed by musical companies and if not who would you like to be endorsed by?

Cult Of Osiris is helping me to release this latest album,  I am also In negotiations with Sacrificial Sounds Records for the first ever studio album,  and i have contributed to Daniel Vrangsinns(carpathian forest) Mysanthropy records compilation and have a track on an upcoming anti-antifa comp being released by ANTI ALL FOREVER records.  I hadnt thought too much about who Id want to work with other than Grand Belials Key, and Drakkar productions.....top notch stuff there.

5. When you started what was your ultimate goal? and how close are you to achieving that now?

I just want to express my hatred and contempt if other people like it so be it. 

6. In todays digital environment it takes creative stategy to keep things moving, what creative strategy do you have to keep your band relevant over time?

None.  Being relevant is not in any way a priority.  I will continue to make the music i feel inspired to make, regardless of what anyone else feels.  I plan to increase the rate at which i release new material, and try to organise some outdoor festivals on the west coast. as well as contribute to compilations and do some splits.  But this isnt to be "relevant" its a way to fund better recordings.

7.  We' ve all seen a terrible live band that sounded awesome on cd, is that cool with you or do you lose respect for bands that cant pull it off live?

I record live and usually improvise everything, you get what you get, im not here for technical mastery of an instrument, I am not a musician, I am an artist and I dont compare what i do to anything else that others have done or are doing.  I am passionate about my message of hatred.

8. tell us about your "core"...metal, punk, pop, since everybody has to categorize these days.

Real Black Metal.

9. This is an important question, is your band popular or talented?..............

I suppose thats a question better suited for an outside opinion, however i have no desire to be popular in a worldly sense,  but enjoy a small following of mostly other black metal artists.  Creating and maintaining a strong group of peers is more important to me than whether or not entry level teens are listening to my albums.

10. Tell us what to expect from you live?


  Well first of all our shows are private and will never be open to the public.  Its invite only with an application process.  If you are lucky enough to attend you will witness ritual violence, ritual intoxication, ritual destruction, and ritual death. 

11.  what releases have you put out when will we see something new?

...from the shadows... self released-sold out
Tabernacle Ablaze-self released sold out
theres also some singles and comps out.
May 6th 2019 "Black Satanic Metal "  will be released on cassette only by Cult of Osiris records.

12.  If you have any videos where can we see them?

I made one very cheaply it should still be on youtube for now.

13. Everyone has bandcamp soundcloud etc why do you think its so important? Is it giving it away?

Digital format allows new people to be exposed to your band, I think the benefits are multitudinous and obvious.  The entitlement of some artists is ridiculous.  If your product is good, free samples can only help further sales.

14.  Best moment of your career so far?

Fuck,   I live every day to the fullest, Im out climbing mountains and kayaking the snake river,  Nothing compares to sunsets to the soundtrack of wolves, using recordings from my adventures as samples in my albums is my best moment, remembering those times, and carrying something of that vibe into the art is a good feeling.

15.  Your message to the fans?

You're all going to fucking die.  Do something now to change the world.  Never apologize.  Never surrender.  Never explain.



No comments:

Post a Comment