1. Thanks for your time. Tell us about your band and what you do for your band.
Hello. 1000Dead started back in 2013. Up until now we’ve released a self-financed promo and the debut album which came out via Metal Scrap Records. At the moment the band consists by Nick (guitars / vocals) and Petros (bass / back vocals)
2. When did you decide you wanted to be in a band?
Since we saw Metallica’s “one” video.
3. What is different about being a musician than you imagined?
Nowadays the musician has to be a multitasking tool just to save up some money in order to promote their music as best as possible. As we all know the music industry is not at its best…
4. What gear do you use and why?
We’re into the Marshall sound!
5. What music do you listen to that would surprise people?
Bohren & Der Club of Gore, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and… Hayseed Dixie!
6. How do we find your music and merch to buy?
Via bandcamp, or send a message to our fb page.
7. How did you get a record deal? Or do you want a record deal or are you DIY?
We started talking with Metal Scrap, they liked us and we got a deal. Simple as that.
8. What bands do people compare your music to?
Hatebreed, Lamb of God, things like that…
9. Are you pro Spotify / streaming services? Or do you think it hurts sales?
Definitely all these platforms help “small” bands like ours, to get heard in a bigger scale…
10. What’s the ultimate goal for the band?
Maybe do some gigs with bands like the ones mentioned before plus Converge, Mastodon!
11. Will we see you tour?
Working on it!
12. Who would you love to tour with?
13. What is your favorite song of yours and why?
Bring a knife to a gunfight is a great song musically and also lyric-wise. We manage to capture all this “all hope is gone” vibe and despite its general “pessimism”, we enjoy it the most playing it live.
14. Why should people take the time to listen to your band over the thousands of other bands?
Eleven songs – 39minutes of music - almost 100 riffs.
15. What are your favorite music websites labels podcast etc?
Blabbermouth & metalsucks!
16. Is imagery important to you? Do you judge albums by the cover?
We judge albums only by its music.
17. If you could choose a cover song your band mates would hate what would it be?
S.O.D – Dog on the tracks. Hahaha!
18. Is the record or live show more important?
Both are equally important but for different reasons.
19. Name 3 people dead or alive you would want to play your music for.
Dime, Ben Weinman, Phil Anselmo.
20. Lemmy Ozzy Dio and Rob Halford in a cage match who wins?
Propably Ozzy. Dude’s got stamina!