NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, December 10, 2018

CODE NOIR INTERVIEW

1. Thanks for your time. Tell us about your band and what you do for your band. 

Cheers! Right now Code Noir are just me (Michael T) on vocals and guitars and Adam Chapman on bass and guitar. 

2. When did you decide you wanted to be in a band? 

When I first listened to Piece of Mind and Defenders of the Faith back in 1983-1984

3. What is different about being a musician than you imagined? 

Probably how difficult it has been to juggle all things Code Noir with all my other day to day obligations.

4. What gear do you use and why? 

I love talking about gear! As far as guitars go I dig the PRS sound, and I use Duncan Custom pickups in my main axe. I’m not much of a fan of EMGs, they tend to impose their sound on the guitar. With regard to amps, my setup is as simple as it gets, Marshall DSL100H head into Marshall cab loaded with Vintage 30s speakers and mic’ed. I far prefer mic’ed guitar sounds to direct recorded or modeled. 

5. What music do you listen to that would surprise people? 

Well, I’m a sucker for a great pop song, haha. So, I like lots of things that aren’t hard or heavy.

6. How do we find your music and merch to buy? 

From the Metal Scrap webpage or send us a message on our facebook page.

7. How did you get a record deal? Or do you want a record deal or are you DIY? 

We send out our stuff to Metal Scrap Records and they responded and it all worked out!

8. What bands do people compare your music to? 
Ramones, if you can imagine such a thing!

9. Are you pro Spotify / streaming services ? Or do you think it hurts sales? 

To be honest, not very many people seem to be buying CDs, haha. So streaming services give you a change to be heard, and that’s always a good thing.

10. What’s the ultimate goal for the band? 

To be able keep on writing, recording and playing music we love!
11. Will we see you tour? 

Right now it isn’t realistic, being just the two of us. Hopefully in the future.
12. Who would you love to tour with? 

Anybody who would be into raising a little hell and having a good time!
13. What is your favorite song of yours and why? 

Nowhere, cos lyrically and musically it’s got everything I dig in a song. It’s a song I would pay attention to if I heard it somewhere.

14. Why should people take the time to listen to your band over the thousands of other bands? 



Well, that’s the thing isn’t it… there are so many bands and music around today that it’s difficult to stand out. Let me put in this way: every note and every word on Burn Card came from the heart.

15. What are your favorite music websites labels podcast etc? 

Blabbermouth, haha!
16. Is imagery important to you? Do you judge albums by the cover? 

Not in the least.
17. If you could choose a cover song your band mates would hate what would it be? 

The Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling

18. Is the record or live show more important?

Both!

19. Name 3 people dead or alive you would want to play your music for. 

I’d want to play different songs to different people. Under the August Sun to my Dad. Our cover of Sanctuary to Steve Harris. And for reasons I can’t fully express I’d want to play Nowhere to Axl Rose, haha!

20. Lemmy Ozzy Dio and Rob Halford in a cage match who wins?

Lemmy, the others are too frail.




No comments:

Post a Comment