NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, December 7, 2020

ANGEL VENGEANCE GETS DEEP AND HARD

 


  1. Why Bass ? Bass is the instrument that connects guitars and drums together, in between the high notes of guitars and the rhythm of drums, I love the low tone, and a lot of techniques to play on bass that make amazing sounds. I love bass melodies that running around the songs.


  1. Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit ?

No, I don’t think so, Albert Einstein said Imagination is more important than Knowledge, that’s true, and proven by many great bassists around the world for many years. Moreover, music is an art that’s not exactly right or wrong. Music is communication, experiment and art performance if you can make the audiences understanding in what you wanna communicate, that’s success will become the theory. Frank Zappa used to say “Without deviation from norm, progress is not possible” .



  1. What kind of bass do you use ? model, color, year, and why ?

My gear is 1993/4 Precision Bass Fender, ’57 Reissue, basswood body with black color, maple both neck and fretboard. I changed the  original pick ups to be Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pick ups. For the strings, I use 4 strings sets-stainless steel 45 65 80 105, Rotosound Swing Bass 66. These bass elements give me the low tone with bright and sharp sound, great middle tone and sustain. I have used many brand of electric basses before but P-Bass Fender fits to me the most no matter touching, sound tones that matches with my finger style.


  1. Tell me about your amplification ?

For amplifier, I use Ampeg PF-50T Portaflex - 50W All-tube Bass Head and Ampeg SVT-410HLF 4x10 Bass Amplifier Cabinet. Warm and huge sound, easy to use and adjust my tone.


  1. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass ? 

Yes, absolutely, no matter finger, picking or slapping style, your tone must be matched together and it will affect the sound tone of the whole band, don’t forget that positioning of bass sound is in between guitars and drums. So sound tone from bass is very important and unavoidable.





  1. Do you prefer 5 string over 4 string ?

No, I prefer more on 4-string bass. Some 5-string bass tend to have a pretty uninspired sounding B-string.


  1. Who is your favorite bassist ?

Many great bassists with great different styles in this world but for me Steve Harris of Iron Maiden is my great inspiration. First impression at first listen, everything he plays blows out my attitude on playing bass entirely.


  1. Who is your least favorite bassist ?

Each bassist has their own style that interested me, I love to learn those different kinds of music. So I have no least favorite bassist. 


  1. Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass ?

Women’s bodies and shape, bass is a kind of sexy instrument, so it can get along together with sexy women, you can imagine on the early day of Suzi Quatro, how beautiful and sexy she was.




  1. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with ?

Jaco Pastorius, I wanna learn more on his funky groove and finger style.


  1. Bonus question, Bobby Doll, Nikki Sixx, Les Claypool, Billy Sheehan, which is more ridiculous and why ?

Honestly, nobody is ridiculous for me, I’m growing up with their songs and I love those great stuffs they did so they’re all great. 


No comments:

Post a Comment