NIGHTMARE TOYS

Saturday, December 28, 2019

BATTERY DRUMMER INTERVIEW / Jacob Edwards : dakota "shreddly" amacker.

My name is Jacob Edwards.
Drummer for dakota "shreddly" amacker.
 
My influence ranges from danny carey, Jimmy "the rev" sullivan, Joey jordison, Terry bozzio. And alot others that i cant name lol

Earlier this year i purchased my first real mapex kit. In my last band our guitarist had a mapex kit which he let me borrow so we could play shows and i knew then i had to buy a mapex kit lol 

Yeah my mom likes hard rock and all so she put up with it lol my dad said he doesnt want to hear me....cool then lol my life anywayyy

A drum performance that is epic to me tbh is tools lateralus album....danny carey is so mathmatically smart with his drumming technique and flow. Thats perfection.


My current kit is a mapex venus kit. Dw 3000 dual chain pedals. Soon to have mapex cymbal stands. Just pdp stands for now. Sabian b8 16" crash. Sabian b8 pro ride 22". Agazarian 8" splash. Agazarian 12" bright china. Sabian hhx 15" studio crash. Paiste pst3 14" hihats. Pearl hihat stand. Mapex throne. 12" tom. 13" tom. 15" ddrum floor tom. ( rebuilt by yours truly. ) 2 -16" floor toms. 
( I LiKe DrUMs )
  
My dream kit is a mapex saturn. Sparkle galaxy purple. Played on one years ago and holy crap it was intense sounding.
All mapex hardware ( of course ) sabian hhx evolution cymbals. Or sabian aax xplosion.

My top 5 drummers are, 
1 jimmy " the rev" sullivan.
2 joey jordison
3 danny carey
4 mike wengren
5 chad smith
 
I prefer live any day lol
Studio can be FUNKY!!!

Drummers might get the girls ( sometimes ) we can try to convince ( dakota amacker ) that i do but even he knows, AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment