NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, December 19, 2019

ART FOR ART SERIES : Adrianna Veldheer

1.Thank you for taking the time to speak with us, please tell us your name and how you classify your art i.e model, dancer etc….
 


Michael Bell Photography

    My name is Adrianna Veldheer but I prefer to go by my nick name (Tattooed_Amazon). I am a model however isn’t all I am. I also dabble in photography. I also am a writer of emotions such as poetry. I prefer to use writing as a gateway to get my emotions out. I’m writing a book currently about mental health and my own struggles and what I have learned over the years. Hopefully it can help someone else. I also paint, draw and color. I try and spread awareness on different types of mental health and trauma as often as I can and in as many forms.

2. I am doing this line of interviews with those I see who are using their art to support and speak out about things they think are important. I found you tell us what you think is important and how you use your talent to help
 
    I always wanted to model but not for the reasons you might think. I never saw anyone like me in a magazine. Growing up I never fit into a mold. I was always told I was to tall, to fat, to broad… etc… I was always to much. I worked for years trying to make myself smaller due to the BMI structure. Since in cannot change my bone structure or my height. I focused on starving myself and the number on the scale. I had an eating disorder in some form all through high school and part of college. This eventually led me to being diagnosed with having body dysmorphic disorder. That means I do not see what all of you do in my photos. Instead I see a much uglier and larger version of myself. 
As I have gotten older, I have worked very hard to make anyone I meet realize they are enough just as they are. I have always promoted working on yourself and that kindness is free. However, you also have to be kind to yourself. I model to show off that you can make your own mold. A lot of my tattoos are for mental health awareness, self-improvement phrases or images, and a lot of them tell my life story of being a survivor. I hope to continue to create art in any form to keep people talking about how differences do not have to tear us apart but can bring up together.


3.I found it very interesting and well respected that you make it 100% clear that you ARE NOT SINGLE. Do you find that saying and stating that can or will lose you clientele / work? And why do you find it so important to highlight that about yourself?
    It is promoted so loudly due to I am committed to my fiancĂ©. My social media is very private so you cannot see my actual relationship status. This is because I have had stalkers in the past and I want to keep my fiancĂ© and my family safe. 
I find it important due to in this day and age it is very frustrating that I have many guy friends who talk about how its so hard to find a girlfriend who is faithful. Yet I have had fans message me asking if I am single even though it is written on there. What’s worse is that even when I reply that I am taken then it’s the follow up of how taken are you. I’ve had it where I did tell someone I was engaged and they said it doesn’t count until its official. I feel like our society needs to work on if you want to find someone who doesn’t cheat on you; maybe you shouldn’t promote cheating in any aspect of your life. Treat others how you want to be treated.  

I actually have never thought if it would cost me work or clients. I don’t think it should affect that but if it costs me work that makes me fell as thought the people id be working for wouldn’t respect me or my choices and I have no interest in working with people who think I should bend my moral for attention.  

4.One of the things I noticed besides the things you listed is the killer music you listen to! Tell us your favorite bands.

    That is a hard one to answer. I am all over the place with music and I keep finding more. I grew up with all the classics like Queen, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Poisen, Rolling Stones, KISS, Aerosmith, Guns N’ Roses, Garbage. This list will go all day for the classics,  
Then in high school then these bands were added. Korn (saw in concert, also have freak on a leash behind my right ear), Slipknot, Eminem, Killswitch Engage (saw in concert), Tool, Good Charlette (saw in concert) System of a Down (saw in concert), Disturbed (have indestructible tattooed on my right inner thigh because of them). My Chemical Romance (saw in concert) Fall Out Boy, yea I know super girly pick (I have the American psycho tattooed on my thigh from one of their song; its also for the cult classic movie)
 As I’ve gotten older, I added Sick Puppies (have their lyrics tattooed on my hip) Imagine Dragons (their song polaroid is why I have color of boom behind my other thigh) Call Me Krizma, Silent Theory, YUNGBLUD, Halsey, Hobo Johnson Machine Gun Kelly. 
Just to prove my point my right now if I hit shuffle on my music these are the first five that pop up. Queen song under pressure, Silent Theory song Sticks and Stones, Garbage song Bleed like me, Machine Gun Kelly, YUNGBLUD, AND Travis Barker song I think I’m ok, and Call Me Karizma song Monster (under my bed)

5. One of the other things I was interested in was the word military appeared often tell us about that?

    I was a prior Navy spouse and about to be a Navy spouse again. I used to be involved a lot more when I lived in Virginia for our sailors. I used to rent out rooms in the house we owned to sailors just transferring there who needed time to get on their feet. I helped with the FRG with other navy spouses. Where I am now, I have helped with an event to raise money for wreaths across America for graves of fallen soldiers for the holidays. I also went to show support for the cause when our group was laying the wreaths.  

6.What got you started? And when you started where your loved ones and family supportive?
   
I first dabbled in modeling when I was 18 but life had different plans. I moved to New York and went to school for associate’s degree in business and eventually was going to do a bachelor’s degree in physiology. I was going to do this so I could open my own therapy place. I wanted it to be a judgment free zone. Over the years of going to therapy I always felt a little judged. I had friends who always told me they wished I was a therapist so they could see me because they always said I made them feel safe. I wanted to be able to do that for others. I wanted it to be called no offense therapy and it was no BS blunt therapy. This is not how my life went. 
I ended up a mother in my first marriage even though I was told I couldn’t have kids at 15. This shaped my adult life and choices. I moved here this past summer after I had to have nerve release surgery on my arm; due to being hurt as a CNA. 
Dumb luck got me where I am right now. Being kind to a stranger got me involved in the model community here. I met her at Walmart and she seemed to be having a sad day and she looked like she needed a friend and a kind word. So, I being myself went and tried to cheer her up. Same reason why I spread Kindness is free. You never know what someone else might be going through. You can only control your own actions so choose to be kind, I have watch your character on my left forearm for the reason that your character speaks volumes about who you are. 
My family has always hoped for the best for me no matter where that took me. My mother is my rock and she has helped me over the years with my own personality flaws and has helped me always keep working on myself. Your never done growing and learning, 

7. Have you ever done films or video?

    I have never done either but I wouldn’t be opposed to trying either. It takes amazing talent to be able to actor. 


   



8. Are you pro or anti nudity in modeling?
    I am pro nudity if that is what you niche is. I myself am only comfortable with implied nudity in my modeling right now. I do not know if I will go down that road in the future or not but we will see. I would live in a nudist colony but I have children. So maybe when they are grown and out of the house  

9.How do you handle unwanted attention? Stalkers or even Negative criticism?
    Well with stalkers I haven’t had one in years so I am hoping I do not need to go down that road again. 
However, with negative criticism a lot of times I leave the comment or I ask for them to show their work or to depends their reasons for telling me said comment. I know my flaws and I am extremely hard on myself. I know I’m not perfect. 
We live in a world now where people can hide behind a screen. I never say anything about anyone I cannot say directly to their face. Treat others how you want to be treated. I try not to take stuff to personally but I also was bullied all through high school and it was mainly about my looks. This is a big reason I’ve worked so hard on my personality.    

10.This is your big one, tell us where we can support you and where we can support the causes you support!

    Son far my network is still small. I only have my Tattooed_Amazon page on Facebook. Along with my person Facebook Adrianna Veldheer. Then my Instagram which is also tattooed_amazon. 
I am still trying to navigate my normal life and my business life together. I am hoping the next few years bring great things. I can only keep taking the steps to help as many people as I can to feel less alone. 
Jared Sigler Photography 
*A note from Wes J . The ART FOR ART series is NOT intended to be a sexual series it will include artist from many different backgrounds and talents it is open for anyone or any company who supports the rock lifestyle and uses their art and talent to spotlight issues! If you have a business or a talent that you use to support issues like mental health ,homelessness, suicide prevention etc we want to interview you! The Grinder is about making dreams come true and not just bands are trying to make a difference. We want to hear from you if you are using your talent to help others! email metalcoffeepr@gmail.com subject art for art

No comments:

Post a Comment