NIGHTMARE TOYS

Saturday, April 25, 2020

RUMBLE BASS INTERVIEW WITH ROT

Why Bass?

Starting out as a guitar player I never realized the magic, depth and power of the low end.  I was asked by chance to just come out and give the bass a try for my buddy’s band. Well I found my home and a new awareness of where my strengths lie. The bass is the bomb and a blast playing live.

  


 Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?


I think it's just lack of knowledge. Playing bass has opened up a whole new world and all my old albums sound fresh listening to them through bass ears.


What kind of bass do you use? Model, color, year, And why


  I have a Glen Burton Machine Gun bass, a neon green Ibanez. (These two-look great for live shows.) I primarily have always played Jackson Instruments. I have a black Chris Beattle signature series, but my favorite bass was a pawnshop fine covered in dust and it's a burgundy Jackson PS-5. Sounds amazing (year unknown.)

  

Tell us about your amplification

I started with a pawnshop Gallien Krueger 700RB-2 head a Peavey cab.  I am waiting on a new GK fusion 550 Hybrid head and I just received my two NEO 412           cabinets. I can't wait to hear the new setup.


With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?

Oh absolutely. It can define the sound of a band and different styles of music.

Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?

I only own 4 string basses but would totally dig a 5 string. It would bring in more opportunities so yeah it would be cool.

Who is your favorite bassist?

Geezer Butler is a beast. He is true bass player, Awesome..!

 Who is your least favorite bassist?

I wouldn’t say I have a least favorite, who am I to judge...!

Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?


Definitely the groove and rhythm.

    

 What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?
I was a early KISS and early Motley Crue kid and think a sit down with Nikki Sixx would be awesome. I love BIG SHOWS and Theatrics, fire, lights, etc..,.!  He is         a great live performer.

 Bonus question: Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why


Les Claypool is more ridiculous because not only is a ridiculously great player but he has his own style and comedy fun with his performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment