NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, April 19, 2020

HORNWOOD FELL QUARANTINE INTERVIEW




1.Tell us who you are with and what youve been up to in 2020 so far

Hi there, I’m Marco from Hornwood Fell.
I'm with my son and my wife in quarantine at home. This year I composed and recorded the new album, together with my brother, of Hornwood Fell "Cursed Thoughts"; it will be out on June 26, 2020 via Kadabra Music on Digipack and Digital. And I did another myriad of works with my other musical projects.

2.What plans have the virus changed for the band?

For us, almost nothing has changed. We are a studio band; my brother and me, we live very close, it is not difficult to meet and play even with this quarantine.



3.Do you think the virus in the big picture is help or hindrance for bands?


Regarding bands who usually are on the stage, I think it's a total disaster. But I see who people are very close to the bands that are clearly in crisis for this pandemic. This pluague is something that can cause disasters, but it can also bring you very close; it creates a lot of empathy among people and bands. Regarding other case,For some it might be very convenient to stay at home every day so as to create music to exhaustion: this is my case.


4.Are you doing live streams or special video’s / releases for your fans stuck at home

Not to much. We are making  promotion about the new album on the web, for what we can.



5.What are you doing in quarantine that would surprise people?

i'm spending more time on social network on our band pages. I'm not very creative on this thing, unfortunately. I'm misanthropic spirit, usually, inside on my Recording Studio. I think that the surprise there will be after, we are writing a lot of new music. We will have other material to release very, very soon.

6.What has been your mainstay music or netflix ?

In this days I'm listening to a lot of Renaissance music, Max Richter's "Sleep" and I'm looking forward for the new Ulcerate. Yes, sometimes i watch a movie but not on netflix.

7.Will you think differently about touring? And about groupies?

i don't go on tour…that’s not my problem.

8.Do you know anyone personally affected?

No, I don’t know anyone affected. I live in a village where the affected are very few fortunately, and I don’ know who they are.




9.Do you think its more important to blame someone for the virus or to get it solved

I believe that the virus must be resolved! 


10.Last question would you rather cover yourself in honey and throw yourself into a bees nest 
Or see your bassist naked?

Naa…I prefer smoke a joint!


No comments:

Post a Comment