NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, August 29, 2019

THE AXEMAN... WOMAN Hannah / Winter Storm (UK)

   1.Tell us your name and the band you play for



Hannah and I am the front woman for Winter Storm (UK).



2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar

I was originally inspired by Eva Cassidy and I started out as an acoustic guitarist playing finger picked style. Fleetwood Mac was another original influence alongside Heart and Iron Maiden.



3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?

Originally I learnt the lyre, and had lessons. Eventually I moved to guitar when my parents let me change instruments and had lessons through school and college. A lot of it went over my head at the time. But I re visited it later on by myself.



4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

I read both.





  
5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ? I'm not sure. Others have said I do, that they could tell a solo I'm doing, but not sure I believe I have that motif sound. Yet.





6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )

I have two mayones. The Mayones Duvell Elite Gothic 6 and the mayones Duvell in blue. Both are stunning guitars with the elite having a higher spec. They've discontinued the Duvell now which makes it even more special. They are hand made in Poland.

  



7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them



Passive only for me. I find active too noisy for the playing style and role I have.




8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc

I have upgraded to the kemper world. It was the best decision I ever made! It is so versatile for everything I need, any sound at the touch of my fingers.



9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy

It's the kemper foot switch which controls my set of sounds for Winter Storm's set. I use a lot of lasse lammert sounds for distortion tones, LL Bombed.



10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..

I think I have it..



11.What guitarist can you not stand?

I don't know if I can think of any guitarist I particularly detest.



 
I12. Is tone more important or is technique?

They are both equally important. One could easily cancel out the other. Great solo and technique but can't make out what they are playing?...



13. Name your top 5 guitarists

John Petrucci

Paul Gilbert

Michael Romeo

Rodrigo Y Gabriela (duo)

Joe Satriani



  
14.Who is the most overrated guitarist

I'm not as bigger fan of Steve Vai as everyone else is. He's very good though.



15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?


Paul Gilbert.




Winter Storm·Saturday, October 6, 2018·
https://winterstorm1.bandcamp.com/
https://winterstormuk.bigcartel.com

Winter Storm are a five piece Dark Melodic Metal band hailing from the West Midlands of the UK.

Since formation in 2008, the band has supported Alestorm, Delain, Sirenia, Die So Fluid, The Birthday Massacre, Revamp, Theatres Des Vampires, To-Mera, The Eden House, ReVamp, Sarah Jezebel Deva, Kobra and The Lotus and more.

In 2010 they released their debut album Serenity In Darkness, which received an 8/10 from Powerplay Magazine's Andrew Hawnt.

In 2012/2013 the band are making festival appearances, but also working on material for album number two, which they are set to start recording in 2013.

For bookings email:
winterstorm@live.co.uk

Websites:
www.winter-storm.com
www.myspace.com/winterstormuk
www.reverbnation.com/winterstorm

No comments:

Post a Comment