NIGHTMARE TOYS

Saturday, August 24, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES CHRISTINA EARLYMORN.....AXEWOMAN

 THE AXEWOMAN THIS TIME!

1.Tell us your name and the band you play for

Hi, my name is Christina Earlymorn and I play guitar for SUCKING LEECH (Deathgrind/HC) Also I play guitar and all the other instruments in my two other bands BEING „ALIVE“ IS BEAUTIFUL (Doom/DSBM) and FINSTERORT (Raw Black Metal)
Finsterort will be renamed, because I lost track after 7 albums. Got a whole new concept for the renamed new „Finsterort“ then. Also in 2020 I will start a stoner band.


2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar


Metallica and later Megadeth.
Over the years I digged deeper and deeper into the topic and discovered my heroes on the git-fiddle! I play since 19 yrs. now. I started with ten.


3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?


Self taught, analyzed my heroes and watched some youtube videos.



4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?


No. I cannot read music. I can read tabs, but I prefer to hear out a riff or a song. I love playing or learning a song by ear.


5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?


Over the years yes. My sound is a mix between my heroes, the genres I love to play and me. It´s a big melting pot. Very fluid in between the styles and genres.


6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )


For SUCKING LEECH I use 7 string guitars. I have a Dean Razorback 7 string, with a floyd rose tremolo. I airbrushed that baby with an burning eagle – My second guitar for SUCKING LEECH is an Epiphone Flying V 7 string with a string trough body, which allows me to change the tunings if it is needed in the set. For my other bands I use different guitars.
For BEING „ALIVE“ I use no guitar. Its all bass. No guitars. I have two basses. A Dean ML bass and a B.C.Rich Beast bass. All are 4 strings.
For FINSTERORT I used over the last 7 albums alot of different guitars. From a Gibson Les Paul to a Dean ML, or a Fender Strat.
Over the last 19 years I bought alot of guitars. Now I own around 30.   

So every album recording in my studio is kinda little Christina in the candy store :D
I do not have a number one guitar, but I own a white Orville by Gibson Les Paul Custom in white from 1989, which I love. It got passive pickups and has the classic rock sound. I also love my latest guitar i scored! Searched a long time for the Wylde Audio Odin in Gangreene Bullseye finish! Now I got one and I absolutely love it!


7.What about pickups? Passive or active ?

 Tell us about them
I use active EMG´s and also passive pickups. I like both sounds. For my planned stoner band (for 2020) I will use my Firebird guitars, which have those lovely mini humbuckers in it! They sound veeeery tasty in combination with my Big Muff pedal for a lil fuzzy sound <3


8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc


I am a Marshall lover. Right now I have 6 Marshall heads and 4 cabinets. One head is in the rehearsal room of SUCKING LEECH. The other 5 heads are at my studio.
I am waiting for a Randall head right now, which I traded a guitar for. I have space for 4 other heads. So why don´t try out a different brand?
I use the heads, because I am recording the old school way. No digital effects and shit. No reamping and stuff. I dial in all tones on the amp and this is what you get!
I only just put a lil compressor or EQ on top of the signal later in my computer
My cabinets are all 4x12 cabinets with these celestion speakers I think. I am not too deep into that yet!


9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy


Not really. I use a Boss Noise Suppressor plugged into a Boss Turbo Overdrive (For lead in a live situation) and my tuner. Thats all.
10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..


 

My dream rig? I do not know exactly. A small Marshall head (Lunchbox format) would be great for touring and gigging. Its a pain in the ass if you have to carry those heavy stuff around while wearing high heels. So I have a second pair of shoes with me.
A lunchboxer would be great for me yes! But can you archieve the same sound with the little guy??? I don´t know.


11.What guitarist can you not stand?


I don´t know his name, but the guy plays in a german Volksmusik band called „Die Amigos“ (THE AMIGOS) and in their music you can´t hear a guitar, but he plays the guitar with the every damn same chord, but moves it around on the fretboard!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!! Cant stand this!!!


12. Is tone more important or is technique?

 

I think both is important! What is a great technique if your tone sucks? What is great tone, when your technique is ass?

13.Name your top 5 guitarist


– Dimebag Darrell

 – Zakk Wylde – 
-Bonamassa
 – Yngwie Malmsteen
– Michael Angelo Batio – 


14.Who is the most overrated guitarist

Kirk Hammett


15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?


Dime, for sure man!


  
Christina is a Metal Coffee artist and is available for interviews by contacting metalcoffeepr@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment