NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, May 22, 2020

The Axemen Guitar Interview : Perry /Autumn Lies Buried


Perry: I play for Autumn Lies Buried

2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar?

Perry: This band needed a 2nd guitarist lol.

3.Are you self-taught or did you take lessons?

Perry: Self-taught

4. Can you read music, can you read tab?
  
Perry: I can read tabs

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone?

Perry: The tone search will probably never end, but I am happy with what we have put together

6.Tell us about your guitar (brand, model. year, color):

Perry: Which one? Lol….. I have a Legator OD7, Agile 727, Chapman Ml1 Baritone, Dood Craft Guitars tele 7 string (Custom) all have my mods done (Single humbucker, Volume and Killswitch)

7.What about pickups? Passive or active? Tell us about them:


Perry: I prefer passives, although I may venture into the Fishman’s one day. We play in drop G, so passives really pick up the bottom end without being muddy.

8.Let’s get into amplification, Same drill brand, model, speakers etc.:

Perry: I use a Line 6 POD HD Pro X into a Behringer NX 3000 and Seismic Audio cabs loaded with Celestion Seventy 80’s

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that bad boy:

Perry: I personally don’t like pedals. I do have an Line 6 FBV just to switch channels

10.Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…...

Perry: I don’t really have one, I love the stuff I have now.
11.What guitarist can you not stand?

Perry: There isn’t a certain guitarist that comes to me. Really any egotistical asshole I guess.

12. Is tone more important or is technique?
  
Perry: Equally important. You can be badass and have a shitty sound or you can suck and have awesome equipment.

13. Name your top 5 guitarist:

Perry: 
Alex Wade,
 Brian Eschbach,
 Ken Susi, *Note from Wes J Ken is sooooo underated! I am goad to see someone giving him credit

Mike Spreitzer, 
Dimebag Darrell

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist

Perry: Kirk Hammett

No comments:

Post a Comment