NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, May 21, 2020

THE AXEMAN GUITAR INTERVIEW : Cane / Autumn Lies Buried



1.Tell us your name and the band you play for:

Cane: I play for Autumn Lies Buried

2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar?

Cane: Well when i was little i really looked up to Randy Rhoads and Dimebag Darrell but I’d have to say Chuck Shuldiner (Death), Josh Middleton (Sylosis), Al Glassman (Job For A Cowboy, Dan Sugarman (As Blood Runs Black) had the most impact on my playing

3.Are you self-taught or did you take lessons?

Cane: I am completely self-taught. going on almost 13 years playing guitar.

4. Can you read music, can you read tab?

Cane: I took a classical guitar class and I hated it. My cousin taught me how to read tabs out of a guitar hero tab book.

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone?

Cane: Perry can confirm that I am super picky about my tone. 

6.Tell us about your guitar (brand, model. year, color):

Cane: At the moment i have a Esp. Stephen Carpenter 8 string that’s been painted pink, and a black Agile Spector 727 Elite

7.What about pickups? Passive or active? Tell us about them:

Cane: I really like the flexibility of the fishman fluences. i prefer a passive over an active because I already use high gain so its clarity and a decent punch that im after.

8.Let’s get into amplification, Same drill brand, model, speakers etc.:

Cane: Me, Perry and Cole use the rack mounted line 6 pod hd pro. it’s just easier to have everyone in a box together.

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that bad boy:

Cane: I hate pedals but i want a pitch shifter really bad so i can make cool Sworn In noises

10.Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…...

Cane: to be real. I don’t really have one.

11.What guitarist can you not stand?

Cane: Charles Caswell... The way he did reflections was ass.

12. Is tone more important or is technique?

doesn't matter how good your tone is, if you don't practice then what’s the point. people can tell if you are sloppy.

13. Name your top 5 guitarist:

Cane: Josh Middleton, Chuck Shuldiner, Al Glassman, Ryan Knight, Josh Travis

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist

Cane: Lucas Mann. Miles is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment