NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, August 17, 2020

THE METAL TIMES VOKILLS INTERVIEW : Thomas Tulak / Giant Robots In The Sky.

 

1.Please introduce yourself and tell us who you sing for.

I’m Thomas Tulak, I sing for Giant Robots In The Sky.

2.What / Who made you want to sing?

I mean, I’ve always liked singing. I don’t think you need to be influenced by anyone specific to

just enjoy singing.

3.Who was the first singer you saw live that gave you chills?

I saw Korn when I was, like, 14. Jonathan Davis, man! Shit! …I remember thinking, ‘Damn, they

are so much better live!’


4.Many people say heavy music is just screaming, How would you combat that

statement?

That doesn’t even make sense, there are plenty of heavy bands that don’t even scream.

5.If you growl or do harsh vocals how do you keep your voice after such violent

performances?

I don’t. (laughs)

6. Do you have a warm up routine? Tell us bout it ?

I kinda just start singing, and warm up when I warm up… I also don’t pre heat my oven before

putting in the frozen pizza.

7. Do you think power or performance is more important?

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

8. Who do you think gets unfair vocal praise, someone the world thinks is great but is

not? / And who is great but does not get the credit?


Good question! I honestly think Jack Black is a great singer, but people tend to focus on all that

is the D, so his actual vocals get over looked.

9.Name your top 5 vocalist

Freddy Mercury - Queen

Howard Jones - Killswitch Engage

Sully Erna - Godsmack 

David Draiman - Disturbed

“Weird Al” Yanlovic - look how easily this man switches between genres!


10.Micheal Buble or Jim Gallette? Just testing your skills here

Are those personal hygiene products?

11.Who do you love to listen to that would surprise people?.

Eminem… I know, SHUT UP!

12.If you could remove the autotune from any singer who would it be?

Any singer that uses it… except Weird Al, he can keep using it.


No comments:

Post a Comment